Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Best of 2009

2009 was a great year. I was thinking I didn't really do much and then I looked through my pictures and was shocked. I had an AWESOME year!! I had the opportunity to see my family multiple times, plenty of outdoor adventures, and then no major injuries or mishaps. Again as I reflect on the year I recognize the Lord's hand in my life and I am so grateful for my blessings.

January: sent Anthony on his mission

February: Biked in the St George century

April: Spring break in San Diego

April: My cousin Joel got married

End of April: Bought a new car

May: Visited Zion's and Grand Canyon National Park for Memorial Day

June: Arches National Park

June and July: Caleb came to stay and we did yellowstone, timp caves, and various hikes in Provo.

July: My Dad turned 60, family vacation in Tahoe

July: Girls weekend with friends from high school in Vegas

July: Hiking the Tetons

August: Bryce Canyon with Sam and Amanda

August: My Mom came to town for my graduation from grad school.

September: Hiking Ben Lommand for Labor Day

October: Sam gets maried

October: I run my first and maybe last half-marathon

October: I become an aunt

November: Learning to make chocolates with cousins and aunts

December: visited family and friends in Utah and California

Visited Oroville 5 times
Visited 6 National Parks
Played endless hours of basketball
Biked 2000 miles when I combine my odometers for both bikes
Hiked a ton, including the annual timp hike
Put 13,000 miles on my new car
Visited with friends a lot
Missed Church 7x, do better next year

Yep, 2009 was good. Can't wait to see what 2010 brings.

7 comments:

Cameron and Katie said...

Honestly LaNell! You are LIVING. I am impressed.

Mikila said...

I'm slightly offended that the matress story didn't make your top adventures list! :)

Liz and Kevin said...

Wow girl you did lots!

Angelee said...

I am so proud of you. What a great year you had. 2010...we'll be 30. Let's see what adventure that brings. love ya and as always...nice to see you.

Parley and Katie Call said...

Love all your pictures. I love the Teton mountain pic, it's awesome. I'm glad you had such an eventful year. I wanted to put pics up from our year, but seeing as I can't even finish Christmas I don't think it will happen. I'll just enjoy yours. :)

PS--Call me so we can plan your visit in Feb. I have a new idea you might be interested in.

Big Mama said...

amazing lanell... simply amazing. um, maybe you can teach me how to use my time more wisely?

Melissa said...

quit doing so much!

emery lemon

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...