Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Eighteen

Eighteen . . . . . that is how many down and backs I did on Friday at my basketball practice. Running is the only way to motivate my team this year. On Thursday we were playing a team that was not very good so I told my team if they lost they had to run a down and back for every point they lost by (I am mean I know). Well they were like if we win will you run for every point we win by. That seemed fair enuogh and so I agreed. They played so great. They won by eighteen. I was so proud of them. Their past two games have been great. I hope they can continue to play like this.

So after they won they were all feeling bad for me. They said I could bring them treats instead of running, they volunteered to let me ony run half, and they just kept feeling so bad. I told them I would run them all because I never feel bad when they have to run. So I ran eighteen down and backs. It was great. In this case I would much rather be the one running.

Other then basketball nothing else has been going on. I was really quite sick all week. I came home from work and just slept everyday. I was sleeping 10-12 hours a night. I finally started exercising again so we will see if the bug has finally passed. Maybe this week I will actually take some pictures of something fun that I do. PEACE!

4 comments:

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

BOO! I'm sorry that you're sick!! Feel better soon.

Cameron and Katie said...

I am so impressed LaNell! If you ever need someone to come talk to your team about how awesome you were at basketball in high school, I would fly out for that. I would even bring signs. I don't think they know how super their coach is/was.

Liz and Kevin said...

You are an awesome Coach. Hilarious that you had to run 18 down and backs but at least it was not 18 liners (suicides). You are amazingly in shape. I envy you!

Parley and Katie Call said...

I hope you feel better soon. I think you're a great example to those girls...maybe they won't complain next time they run because they saw how tough you are! :)

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...