Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, January 24, 2010

EIGHT MILES!!


Amber and I have been wanting to do an extended snowshoeing trip for sometime. This week the snow cooperated and so we decided to attempt to do a longer hike. We drove up to Aspen Grove and hiked to the top of the Alpine Loop and back. I did a little research and we knew the hike was eight miles and so we figured we would be hiking between 4 and 8 hours depending on the snow. As you can see the snow was AWESOME!!

Luckily some snowmobilers had broken the trail a little for us so we were able to hike at a little faster pace. I tried to brake trail but even with snowshoes the snow was higher than my knees. So for the most part we stayed on the broken trail.

I had to take a picture by my share the road sign. I always stop and take a picture of one of these signs when I bike the loop in the summer.

Overall it was a great hike. We did it in 3 and 1/2 hours (and according to my heart rate monitor we burned 1500 calories). It was so beautiful and there was tons of snow. Next time we just have to figure out a way to keep our water from freezing. OOPS!

2 comments:

The Robins Nest said...

You're so cool! I wish I could go snow shoeing with ya.

Liz and Kevin said...

How fun! I bet it was pretty cold.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...