Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, June 28, 2010

Interesting Family Vacation

In theory this was going to be a great vacation. And it started out great. All the Browns in town for a family vacation. We all went to Oroville 1st ward for Fathers Day (except Aaron he was home puking) and came home and had a great dinner before we headed to the coast Monday morning.

Camp was set-up in record time. Ben and Katie were in charge of dinner so some of us headed to the beach!

Monday night we hung out at the campfire. We laughed and reminisced and planned for the week. So fun and everyone was in a great mood.

To get the whole story you need to know Ben was sick a few days before, and then Aaron was sick right before. Well Tuesday morning came around and Dan, Nancy, Sam, and Amanda were all very sick. We are talking don't leave the tent unless they are running to the restroom sick.

This is what Dan looked at the entire day and he didn't even tell one joke the whole time.

Wednesday came and some were feeling better but now Caleb was also sick. Those of us feeling better went and played. My uncle Lou took me, my Dad, and Aaron fishing on the ocean. Pretty fun but short lived because Aaron and my Dad did not handle the motion too well. (more puking) And here starts my dads problems.

Wednesday night people are feeling much better and camp is much cheerier and a few of us even sneak away for ice cream.

Wednesday night we again had a lively campfire. Here are Katie and I. The two of us along with my Mom never got sick, and Olivia thankfully.

Thursday morning we packed up but my Dad was now quite sick. We jump in the car and head home. About an hour and a half into the ride my Dad tells Aaron to pull over because he needs to stretch. Aaron pulls over and my Dad throws up all blood and passes out. Poor Aaron (as my Mom put it was all alone in the truck with my Dad) acted quick and called 911.

Four day later, an ambulance ride later, a blood transfusion later, 4 units of plasma later, lots of games in the hospital later, lots of biking in willits later, lots of prayers and worry later my Mom, dad, and I made it back to Oroville. We teased my dad that he just wanted more attention but it was another reminder of how fragile his health is. When he gets sick he gets really sick! It was a long week and I am glad it is over.

I must say that the highlight of the entire trip was Olivia. She is just so cute and was the center of attention. Can't get enough of that cute face!

Now I am in Oroville until July 11th. What am I going to do? Call me if you are around that is a long time:)

6 comments:

Parley and Katie Call said...

Your poor dad! That is so scary. I'm so sorry! I'm glad Aaron acted so quickly. That must not have been fun for anyone esp. your dad! I really really hope he feels back to his normal self soon. I'm glad you at least got to enjoy SOME family time...that Olivia is a doll.

Angelee said...

lan...that is terrible. poor aaron.what are you doing thursday?

Cameron and Katie said...

YIKES! How scary. I hope everyone stays well. You could come down to the bay area while you are in town, just sayin...

The Robins Nest said...

Sorry about your dad. I'm glad everyone is feeling better. Have fun in Oroville!

Misty said...

Sorry about your dad, hope he is doing better.

Liz and Kevin said...

Lets do lunch.
hope your Dad is doing better.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...