Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, June 6, 2010

280

280- That is how many miles I biked last week. YEA for biking!! The crazy thing is that when I do RAGBRAI in July I will be biking almost double that in a week. WOW!

The culmination of my crazy riding week was the 100 mile Little Red Riding Hood Ride.

This ride is so great and the weather was perfect yesterday. Only a little wind after lunch, temperatures in the 70's. All great for biking lots of miles. It was up in Cache Valley, which is just so pretty. I love biking somewhere new.

The great thing about this ride is it is all women. 3000 women biking. It is inspiring to be biking along and just see women for miles ahead of you as well as miles behind you. AWESOME! Cyndee joined me for the ride as well (no picture because we both had nasty helmet hair and I decided I did not want that available for all to see.).

Here is my self-portrait at mile 87. Almost done. I was excited.

It really was a great ride yesterday. I thought I would have a hard time doing 100 miles because I had already biked so many miles throughout the week. But after the first 30 miles my legs warmed up and I was good to go.

5 comments:

Parley and Katie Call said...

Wow, that would have been an awesome sight. I think you also need a wonder woman costume :)

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

You're amazing! Hey, I'm coming out for a visit in a couple weeks. I'll give you a call b/c we need to hang out!

Muriel said...

Did you ride up into Idaho? We were camping in Oxford (near Preston) and my friend who rides said he rode with a century group for a bit. He said it was pretty cool to see you all go!

Liz and Kevin said...

LaNell you could do an iron man. YOu should do an iron man. You would be awesome.

cynthiamaki said...

Appreciate you leaving off unacceptable pictures... I think I'm going to get my butt kicked in Iowa, oh well, at least it will be fun.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...