Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Friday, July 9, 2010

Honey Run

SO FUN!! Even though there was a little drama. I should have known there was going to be trouble when I slipped and fell into the blackberry bushes before I ever got into the water. But all the scratches were worth it because it was a great day.

Anyone who knows me knows I love my family. I just love hanging out with them. This was one of the best times we have had in a long time. Just floating the river and hanging out. We even talked about how missed our siblings that were not there (Anthony, Sam, Amanda, and Dan).

Aaron using the paddle with your sandals method.

Ben and Katie just chilling.

My self portrait. I had my underwater camera tied to the drawsting of my shorts so yea not so many pictures of me which is fine.
Caleb, after a crash. He crashed in the first two rapids and then figured out how to manage the tube and didn't crash again.
Ben just enjoying the water.
A few miles in I got my tube caught on a metal stake under a bridge. The result was this:
Hard to see but a ginormous hole in my tube it went completely flat in less then a second. And I had to ride through the rapids on my but and I swallowed tons of water because I was laughing so hard.

Aaron and I tried to double up on a tube but after a little while I was decided I would find an outlet and walk. So I did (had to jump a fence and cross someones property illegally) and 3 miles later I was at the cars.

My tube popping didn't even ruin all the fun we had. It was a great day. Caleb's tube popped closer to the end and he floated a ways on his bum but everyone was all smiles when we finished.
We ended the day with some scratches and sunburns but we had so much fun. Let's do it again next summer!

2 comments:

Nancy Webb said...

So how come you didn't mention my name in the list of missing family? That trip looks fabulous. I love floating down (MILD) rapids. Where were you? Tell everyone hi!

jana said...

You must be cursed in river rafting - I can now blame you for when we hit the metal kayak under the bridge in the Provo river and we both had to rescue my little Benji and watch our watermelon and oars float on by. Lets hang out.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...