Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Recovery Week . . . . Kind Of

I needed some downtime after the past six weeks. I have been on the go all summer and I am ready to sleep, a lot. This week my family was in town. I meant to take more pictures but it didn't happen. They came to celebrate Dan's graduation. Yea Dan! We went to Tucanos for lunch to celebrate. I will say I think I am one of the few people that does not love Tucanos. I just don't love meat and so I never feel like it is worth the money even for lunch. Ok I am a little cheap as well.

We also played games, went shopping in Park City, and hung out. But I have no pictures of all of those things. Ben and Katie also happened to be in town. They stayed at my house. It was fun having them around. They let me watch Olivia one day so of course I have pictures of that.

My cousin Katie and I took our nieces swimming. Olivia loves the water and she loved having so many girls playing with her.

Don't worry I am a terrible aunt. Right after I took the picture Olivia lunged for me and fell right in to the pool. It was a dive. She did so good to hold her breath and she didn't even cry. I was scared though.

Here is proof that she still had fun after the falling in experience.

And seriously if you have kids you need an underwater camera they are so fun.

The baby section was closed off so Olivia had to take a little break on the side because the water was a tad chilly. She did her favorite thing: eat sandals, YUM!

Then she let poop leak out all over the pool deck and I couldn't claim her as my own. Ummm call her parents to come clean it up. SICK. Who poops through the swimmy and the $6 plastic pants? Oh well we had lots of fun. She loves the water so it is so fun to swim with her.

I also decided to ride in the ULCER again this year. This definitely didn't go as planned. I signed up to do 111 miles but like the crazy person I am I played two soccer games last night (I even scored some goals just to prove to my team that they missed me on my 6 week vacation) and so this morning I was exhausted. Not necassarily a bad thing until I got off my bike 27 miles in and could barely walk. We are talking pain everywhere from the hips down. That sealed the deal and I decided 60 miles would have to be enough for today. I rode 60 and came home and slept for two and a half hours. And I am still very very sore. Maybe ready for another nap.

So this next week with all my family gone I plan on resting more and getting my house in order before I go back to work. Oh and I am sure I will bike a little and play basketball and soccer.

2 comments:

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

Dear Park City Outlets,

I miss you!

Love always,
Emily

PS Lanell, I'm really glad you're having such a great summer!

Melissa said...

I'm sorry, but, I think you should have cleaned up the poop. Get some rest, will ya?

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...