Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Birthday Overload!

Truth be told sometimes I am not great at taking pictures or drawing them.

(I didn't draw this Katie did but it was one of my favorites from the night it went from construction worker to fire escape. I can't get enough of this game. I laugh constantly)
My birthday weekend extravaganza. I felt very spoiled this year. Friday night Ben and Jana took me out to some delicious Thai food. Somehow Dan got to benefit from my birthday dinner as well. Not quite sure how that happened (although it happened once before), but the food was great as was the company. Unfortunately it did not send Jana into labor. I was really hoping the baby could come on my birthday.

Saturday I had to coach basketball. It is our end of season tournament. My team surprised me with gifts on the bus. Not just one gift but multiple gifts. Hot tomales, a book, and a curling iron. They love it when I curl my hair but I haven't curled it recently because the handle has a huge crack and I had a dream that it electrocuted me. Silly dream but quite frightening and not worth the risk. Well they got wind of this and took action. Now I have new very nice curling iron. They are expecting curls for the game tomorrow. But the best part was they won their game. I told them that was all I wanted for my birthday and they gave me that!

After the victory we went to Pizza Pie Cafe where coaches and bus drivers eat free, yo yeah! They did dessert there for me also. And sang again, the third time they sang happy birthday. So that was all a little overwhelming but very nice of them. I don't need anyone to sing me happy birthday for a very long time.

Saturday night was girls night with my aunts and cousins. We had some yummy dinner and played games. So fun. I have been fighting a nasty cold for a few days but it was still super fun.

This morning I woke up to snow. It snowed all day. I decided to take my Sunday walk anyways. I really enjoy walking in the mornings before 1 o'clock church. It was a little wet but not too cold.

I got home from my walk and Katie had made some yummy breakfast. Church was great. I wore a new dress that I bought with the money my parents sent me. Thanks Mom and Dad! A Costco special that I love.

Dan made some delicious steak for dinner and Katie made a great salad. Overall I felt very loved and had a great weekend. I can't believe that I am 32 but I am determined to make the best of it.

I was a little sad Friday thinking about how my life is just different than what I wished for and expected and then you realize that everyone's life is that way to a point. And then I started thinking that it is more important to focus on whether or not I am where the Lord needs me to be and am I doing the things he needs LaNell Brown to do. And you know I think I am on the right track. I am not perfect but I really try to follow the spirit and make the right choices. More than anything I have seen and felt so many weaknesses exposed this year at work. Both from teaching and coaching. It has been really eye opening and difficult but I think I am becoming a better teacher, coach and ultimately person because of it.

I am really looking forward to this coming weekend. I am headed home for the weekend. I am way excited. Nothing like a few days off! That is my birthday present to myself.

3 comments:

Nancy Webb said...

actually I'm the one who made that fantastic drawing!! That is the funnest game ever - always good for laughs

The Robins Nest said...

HOORAY! Happy Birthday!! Have you ever heard of the book, "Kisses from Katie"? You'd really like it.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like so much fun! And that dessert looks really yummy!! I'm bummed you won't be at the game tonight! boo. I guess I'll forgive you even though we will have no offense now!! ;)

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...