Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Birthday and more

February has been great! I have had the chance to see many friends. The weather in Utah has been extremely mild. I had a birthday. I have two student teachers. It is state basketball. There is a Monday holiday. It is a great month!

The sunrises have been phenomenal as I have been getting to work in the morning. Makes for a good start to the day.
 One more . . . . Mt Timpanogos is my favorite.
This little meme so describes me. I have issues being cheery in the morning, especially when I wake up to an alarm.
 I consumed so much CRAP on my birthday. I have two student teachers and they went all out. I am surrounded by great people and they really made my birthday fun, even for a girl who would prefer to not make a big deal on her birthday. I tried to eat a couple vegtables for every bite of a treat.
Erica was in town this weekend and it was fun to see her and Jana on my birthday. I don't have any pictures but it is always a treat to see my high school friends.

I usually take a personal day on my birthday but this year it was on a Thursday. I decided to work on my birthday and take Friday off. Since the following Monday was presidents day I had a long weekend and so I headed to Vegas to see Katie.
 We ate dinner at a yummy Mexican restaurant.
The waiter was very concerned about us eating too much. It was obnoxiously funny!

 The weather in Vegas was soooo nice. I was able to bike. Wear shorts. Feel the sun on my face. It was perfect. We ate out at a little bakery and enjoyed the beautiful weather.
 A nice lady volunteered to take our picture after she saw me taking the picture above.
 It was Valentines day so they had heart balloons out. So sweet.
We hit up all our favorite stores on Saturday. I love shopping in Vegas. We also went to get eyebrows threaded. Mine were long overdue. It feels so great to have my eyebrows touched up!
Sunday we went to church and Parley made us some delicious food. He is a great cook. It was very yummy!
 Beets with goat cheese.
 Chicken, steak, muti colored carrots, and brussel sprouts. So Delicious.
I was in love with the carrots. I did not know they came in so many colors. I bought some when I got home.

They were nice enough to let me bring Moki. Moki did great. She gives their house a nice look:)
She stayed in her little area the whole weekend. Monday morning I headed home early because I had work the next day. It was hard to come back to real life. I loved the warm weather and the lack of responsibility!

I bought my own carrots. I am in love with them. They taste very similar except I think the yellow ones are a little more sweet.
 They are so pretty though.
 My cousins daughter Abbie had to do a job shadow. She came to work with me for the day. It was fun to have her around. I made her workout with me one period. It was good times. I loved having her around for a day.
This week was the girls state basketball tournament. I had so much fun watching most of the games. They stream them live so I could watch them at home and at work. I went up to Salt Lake twice to watch Mt. View play. They lost in the semifinals again this year. They had a great season but it always so hard to end on a loss. I love watching these girls play. I can't believe they are seniors. Weren't they just in my 7th grade PE class?
The atmosphere at the state tournament is so fun. It was so fun to support them from the sidelines.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...