Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Mom visits Utah

The whole dam incident actually caused a little anxiety for me. Mainly because I was so worried about my mom and wanting her to be safe. Thankfully once school was officially canceled she was able to fly to Utah. She stayed for ten days and it was fun to have her here. I only saw her on the weekends because I had to work. She came down to Provo on Friday night and all her Provo kids joined her for dinner at Wingers.

The first Saturday she was here we hiked the Y. Did inititories at the temple. Then visited a lot of her Utah siblings at a family barbecue. It was really fun to see everyone. We then did Sunday dinner at my house the next day. 

She was in town for Presidents' Day and so I was able to spend that day with her. Amanda brought Andrew down and then my mom and Dan took him to see Lego Bateman. Afterwards we took Andrew swimming at the rec center.

I took Tuesday off work. We spent the morning at my house building forts with Andrew.
 
A teepee and a canoe this time.
 
So fun.

Then we surprised Andrew and took him to the aquarium. It was fun. He is a great age for the aquarium.
 
He really wanted me to take a picture of the sting ray swimming over us.
 
And we loved the new Asia exhibit. The leopards were so cute.
 
After the aquarium I dropped Andrew and my mom off and headed back to Provo for my basketball banquet. That went really well which was great.

The next weekend she came down again on Friday night. We were all pretty tired so we got dinner and then went to bed. Saturday I woke up and hiked the Y while she walked on my treadmill. Then we went and did a session at the Provo City Center Temple. Dan then grilled meet and all the Provo kids visited with her for a little bit before I drove her to the airport. 

I know she was ready to go home but it was so nice to have her here. It really helped me not worry which was great for me. I love my mom and I really look up to her. I am alsways grateful to spend time with her.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...