Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Friday, July 12, 2019

Rocky Mountain National Park Day 3

Friday morning we woke up and did a shorter hike that was near our campground. We hiked to Lulu City. This was an almost 4 mile one way hike to an old mining community. We thought we would see ruins of the city (old log cabins and stuff). There was not really much of that. It was a very easy hike and very beautiful.
 We also got to observe a little herd of goats on the way back. The little babies were so cute.
 After the hike we headed to Grand Lake to rest and have lunch. After lunch I hopped on my bike and rode back into the national park. It was just so beautiful I could not resist biking. I wish there had been more time for biking. Colorado is such a gorgeous place. My bike ride was great until the very end. Coming back into town I was cut off by a car. They were turning into a parking spot and because they didn't use their blinker I did not know they were turning. I ended up having to lay my back down to avoid a collision. It was really really scary because I ended up under the car while he turned into the parking space. Luckily I didn't get run over. I was also wearing long pants and a jacket and so I didn't eve get road rash. I did sprain my right wrist and I have some crazy bruises on my legs but I am so grateful the car did not run me over. It was scary but I am grateful it wasn't worse. I can handle a sprain and some bruising.

Amber and I headed to the Bear Lake area of Rocky Mountain National Park for the evening. This is the most popular area in the park and we were able to see why. It is gorgeous. We only had time for one little hike to Emerald Lake but we were treated to some of the best views we saw all week. It was stunning.

On the way to Emerald Lake we walked past Dream Lake. So Pretty.
 It was a really pretty evening!
 
 Getting closer to Emerald Lake.
 The beautiful destination.
It really was an impressive view. We were there in the evening so the temperature was cooler and there were less people.
 A selfie down by the water.
We didn't stay too long we needed to head back because we still had to get to town and find some food. The sun was going down as we finished our hike and it was a beautiful evening.
 We headed to Estes Park and ate at Mc Donald's. Then we snuck into an RV park and took showers. We did not have access to showers in our camp. Normally this would not be a big deal because we could get in the lake or river but there wasn't one of those too close either. By day three we were feeling pretty gross. We took the worlds fastest showers, washed our hair and then got the heck out of there. It was awesome. It felt so good to be clean. We then drove the Trail Ridge road one last time, this time in the dark, as we headed back to camp. Saturday we got up, packed up and headed home. I would love to spend more time in Rocky Mountain National Park. There is an entire section of the park we didn't even make it to. Every section of the park, there are four, has so many hikes to choose from. It is a place that you could explore for a very long time!









No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...