Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Ice Skating

Andrew and Emerson have wanted to try ice skating ever since we went to Disney on Ice. I wanted to make it happen. I love doing new things with these cute boys. I had the boys stay the night at my house on the Martin Luther King holiday. We woke up early and went to my basketball practice. The boys were awesome while we practiced. They ran and ran on the sidelines and were actually really fun to have there. Andrew had to put on a jersey:) So cute!!!!
 After practice we headed back to my house and played some Domino Spinner. We were waiting for the ice rink to open.
We got to the rink a few minutes before the two hour session. We were all excited!!!
There was quite the line. It took a while to pay and get skates. Once we were ready we hopped on the ice and skated the entire time. These boys were champions. We spent the entire session skating with no breaks. They did so good.

I loved the little helpers you can rent.
 It took a little while but they started to get the hang of it. I think they thought it would be a lot easier. It was fun to watch them figure out a new skill.

 By the end Andrew was ready to try it on his own. He did a great job!

After skating we grabbed some pizza and headed back to my house. We wanted to swim still but I told the boys they had to take naps. Emerson was falling asleep while eating his pizza. They were both sooooo tired. I had to wake them up for basketball and then we had played hard all afternoon. They don't usually take naps but they were both out.
 I slept too. I finally woke them up from their naps so we could also go swimming. They were still tired so that maybe wasn't the best choice. We then went to the rec center and swam really hard before I had to take the boys home for the night. It was a SUPER fun day.

I wanted to take the boys ice skating one more time this winter because they had just started to learn. On Presidents day we had another opportunity to try skating again. This time Amanda joined us and it was so fun. We went  to the Gallivan center and the boys did great. This time they both skated on their own.


 Andrew had a couple of pretty hard falls but he kept trying which was great.



 It was a fun day. Amanda also made yummy beef stew and rolls for dinner. My mom was in town and Dan joined us as well. It was a good evening.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...