Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Thursday, February 25, 2021

February . . . . the first half

 The first part of the year always feels so uneventful. COVID has made that even worse. Most days I work and then am just at home for the evening. Not very exciting. I try to get Moki out for hikes and walks at least on Saturday and Sunday. If she is lucky we get some hikes during the week as well. 


One Sunday morning we enjoyed the beautiful Slate Canyon. It was after fresh snow so it was extra great!




Sunday dinner at Dan's are the highlight of the week most of the time. I love getting together with everyone!
Andrew and Emerson learned to play Cover Your Assets. It has been the best. They love the game and are so fun to play with. Emerson LOVES it! He is also very good at adding up his score.
The kids all spent the night one weekend. Emerson requested a sleepover. It was so fun. We played lots and lots of game. Went to the park. Ate yummy food. And went sledding.


I did a french braid in Audreys hair while she watched TV. It was a little tricky because her hair is so fine, but it looked so cute.

Sledding was a hit for everyone. The disk sled wasn't great in the snow. It was a really wet snow. It was good to get out and play for a little while.


Andrew lasted the longest and had the most fun.
How cute is Audrey in this snow suit? The girls loves pink. She rocked it.


Another Sunday up Slate Canyon. I love flocked trees.

The basketball season wrapped up. It was a great year. I really enjoyed the girls on my team. They are fun kids and great athletes. It is always so exhausting but worth it. Caleb came and took pictures of my team. he did a great job. I am excited to pass on some of the pictures to the girls at the banquet!

I have been trying to make small memory quilts for my siblings for their birthdays. They are made out of my dads old button up shirts. It has been a lot of work but fun. I am hoping to give them "their" quilt on their birthday. That make it seem doable to spread it throughout the year. Nancy has been a life savor. She has helped so much and I am so grateful! This is the one I did for Aaron without the binding finished.
Moki and I enjoyed a beautiful evening on the shoreline trail after work. We got to watch an amazing sunset.
Anthony and I hiked 7 miles round trip to visit the hot springs up the Spanish Fork Canyon. Usually it is a four mile hike but the road closes for the winter so it's quite a bit longer. It was a great workout and a fun evening.


My team came in and surprised me with some birthday treats. It was so nice and fun! I am grateful to all who reached out on my birthday. It meant so much. 
Our team picture from this year. I wanted to have it in here somewhere:)
The beginning of February was great.


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...