Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Well it's hard to say goodbye

It has been a hard week. I found out on Monday that my first car ever, a car that I love very much, a car that has been paid off for two years, would not pass emissions without $3100 of engine work. REALLY!!! Lame, the car runs great. I haven't had any problems. It was extremely frustrating. I think making cars pass emissions is a conspiracy, but I won't get into that.

Here is the beauty!! I really loved this car. It was an awesome car and I couldn't say enough good things about it.


My experience with my first small SUV was so good that I knew I wanted another SUV. I shopped around online and looked at CRV's RAV4's - toyota's version and Rogue's - Nissans version. I kept coming back to the CRV's because I loved my car so much. So I purchased this as my replacement:


Bye, bye life savings. Bye, bye New Years resolution about amount of money I wanted to have in savings. Bye, bye not living on a budget. Bye, bye trips I had been dreaming of. Bye, bye bedroom set.

HELLO - 2009 CRV. It is a beautiful car. I am afraid to drive it. I like it but I am not in love yet. Maybe because the racks haven't been put on. I really was sad when I dropped off my old car. I really really loved that little bopper. Now I have to fall in love with the big bopper.

And all I keep thinking is who buys brand new cars - CRAZIES!! I am officially a crazy person. My car has 50 miles on it. I am crazy and poor!

10 comments:

Muriel said...

It's fun to own a brand new car at least once in your life. I had one before I got married. I'll probably never have one again. sigh. Enjoy it, it looks beautiful!

Than and Erica said...

Jana just told me and I couldn't believe it!!!!!! mrs. conservative no more!

Mikila said...

You are funny, why wasn't there a poll to ask people if it looked like a grandma car??? :)

Angelee said...

lucky you! Enjoy it. Now you're going to become a nazi trying to keep it clean and lookin good.

Parley and Katie Call said...

I can't believe it! But, it's a beautiful car and I hope you enjoy it. At least you'll get lots of good years out of it!

5fords said...

Let me know how you like it. I have been looking at the CRV too.

Carrie said...

ahhhhh! I can't believe YOU bought a new car! a NEW car! I hope you're not having buyers remorse cause it's okay to enjoy what you have and what you have worked hard for! I want to go for a spin! How are we going to use the kyaks and not ruin the beauty that is your new car? :) Even if we have to hike all the way there let's do it soon!!!!

Big Mama said...

LaNell, LaNell, LaNell, a new car? Now every conservative person knows that you don't buy a brand new car... you buy a used one that's 3 or 4 years old. Didn't you watch that Oprah? hahah.... J/K. I totally hear ya though... I'm the same way. I hate spending money on things that decrease in value so quickly! At least you went by the famous quote... "Use it up, wear it out, make do or do without." Your new car looks great and I'm excited for you. You'll be able to have that thing for like 10 years!

Liz and Kevin said...

Awesome. A new car is so fun but adds a little stress. Enjoy it, you has to do it.

Unknown said...

wow... i have always wanted a crv since you got your old baby. is the new one silver, like the pic?

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...