Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, January 17, 2011

NASTY!

That describes how I have felt the last week. Seriously why do I always get sick when there is no possible way I can miss work. LAME!! I was really sick in fact finally Friday night I slept 13 hours and then took a 3 hour nap and then went to bed by 10 and by Sunday I felt like I had officially turned the corner. Last week was just really long. It is hard to be patient and nice normally, but it is extra hard when I feel terrible. The semester ended Friday, I believe mercy was administered in all cases, and tomorrow I get 300 new students.

But the title of this post comes from the one activity I did on Saturday that made me leave the couch. Unclog the drain in my bathroom. Let's be honest it has been draining ever so slowly for quite some time but I just strategically used as little water as possible so as to not back it up. Finally Saturday I realized it was barely draining and that I needed to tackle the project. Mental note: don't tackle nasty projects while feeling ill.

It was much easier then anticipated. It probably took a total of 5 minutes but what I found blocking my pipes was seriously NASTY!

The black and white thing pictured above are the parts I removed. The glob of nastiness is what was in the pipe. Yea hair and lots of other things all stuck together. I was seriously trying not to gag. Luckily I was wearing gloves and my nose was stuffed up but wow that was gross. Moral of the story cleaning the pipe in the bathroom was easy that is a job I don't need to put off next time. Here is to a week with less nastiness.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Ok, I did not need to see or read that. Thank you for making me want to barf. (Yes, I know I gag easily)

Parley and Katie Call said...

SICK. My sink gets like that about once a year too. Parley is always wondering how much hair gets down there. Hello, have you seen my mane?

Sarah and Mark said...

I love it. We all hate to clean out the drain. I love that you added a picture.:)

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...