Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, June 5, 2011

BOWS!

SCHOOLS OUT! Now that is what I am talking about. Last week Jana taught me a very important life skill. How to make duct tape bows. The timing of this lesson could not have been better because the next day was yearbook signing day at school so I had a little free time to practice my skills. I have worn one every day since. Here I am sporting two that I made.

Super cute and fun! I had a bunch of students trying to buy them off of me.

I even wore one to church today. I debated because that seems a little sassy but I decided to do it anyways.

Last night I did something I have never done. I invited my basketball team over for homemade ice cream. I was a little anxious, mainly because my house is really little. Seven girls and two moms came. We had a blast. We ate, chatted, I taught them how to make duct tape bows, and I sent them on their way by giving them each a pair of my old shorts. Awesome right? I have now given away 12 pair of shorts from my many. It is pretty awesome.

Here the girls are sporting their shorts and bows. I stayed up until midnight. That is late for me.

I just can't say enough how much I love these girls. They are so good and so fun. I think the thing I respect about them the most is they helped teach me how to be myself but also be a coach and a teacher. That is something I always struggle with. You want to have fun and let kids see that side of you but you also have to make sure they respect you and follow the rules. These girls helped me more than anyone else to find that balance and it made my year. I have never laughed so much while working. I think I am often afraid to open up. It is scary! But they dragged it out of me because they just have such fun personalities. Watch out world Ms. Brown has changed!

Now off to summer. I need to plan that out. Any suggestions? The only thing for sure is that this girl will be going to Kansas, most likely more than once.

4 comments:

Than and Erica said...

ARe you doing anything besides going to kansas? I figured that was all that you were doing. If you're planning trips, so ahead and come visit me here! And make me some bows while you're at it. :)

Parley and Katie Call said...

Watch out for Sassy Ms. Brown! I can tell a change in you. I know it's not all from those girls :) but I am glad you liked them so much. What a nice thing to invite them over, I'm sure they adore you!

Liz and Kevin said...

I love that you are sporting the duct tape flowers. You rock LaNell. Seems like life is really just going well for you. Miss you and can't wait to hang out again.

Melissa said...

um...duck tape? You need to teach me.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...