Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Exhuastion

I am so exhausted by the end of the week. One problem is that we have early morning basketball on Mondays at 5:30am. Who wants to start work that early on a Monday? Not this girl. Then the week just seems to take off from there. I am busy, but when I see all that I an accomplish I realize I am also very productive. Somehow this week I fit in a couple visits to see Miss Millie and family. She is so beautiful.
Jana is so nice to let me snuggle her. I also actually had time to sew a quilt too. No small task.

 I just feel so tired. It is getting better now that the weather has cooled off but really I need to give myself a real weekend. I definitely didn't do that this weekend. I tried to sleep in Saturday, that lasted until 7:30am. I then started cleaning and touching up paint. I worked until it was time to go can jam. it was a busy day but so fun.

I have so many good people in my life. My Utah family are some of those people. Loralie was so nice to donate peaches, time, and expertise so I could learn to can. Raspberry peach jam was the outcome and it was delicious.
 Nancy and Loralie showed up as twinners...so cute.

I can see why I have bought jam in the past. Canning is hard work. I am really glad I was able to learn and I had lots of fun doing it. There are always good laughs when I am with family.
 I only made one HUGE mess. I didn't hold the top of the blender on tight enough and it blew up all over the kitchen. That was towards the end of the night so I blame it on being tired. Canning FAIL for sure. The jam is delicious in my very biased opinion.

For good measure Moki and I hiked the Y three times this week to show our spirit. She has become pro at using water fountains. I am not sure that is a good thing but it works.
 We also sported our BYU clothing.
 It didn't help. To be honest I was so tired I went to bed before the game ended. That is sad but when I saw the outcome this morning I felt great about my choice. I will say our 9am sacrament meeting was sparse today. I think there were lots of people up really late last night.

This evening my Mom's brother Mike and his wife Linda had us over for dinner. It was so fun. It was so great to visit with family and catch up. I have been tired all day but I am really glad I went. Moki got to meet a bunny for the first time. She was extremely curious and equally fascinated.
She hopped right over the fence to enjoy the little guy.

We ended the night by playing Headsups around a camp fire. It is a group game you play with your phone, like headbands. So fun. We laughed a lot!!!!! My cousin Ashley introduced it to us. This week I am just so grateful for all the good people in my life. I am so blessed.


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...