Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Looking Forward

Sometimes I get so excited for something that the week I am in just seems to slow down. I can't tell if this week is long because I am headed to California next week or if this week is long because I have been gone 12-15 hours every single day. Either way I am super pumped tomorrow is Friday.

Since school has started every weekend has been jammed packed. This last weekend was no exception. Friday was Sam's birthday so He, Amanda, and Andrew came to Provo. Normally I would have been more prepared. Had my house cleaned, had a present, made a treat. No not this year. Sorry Sam I still love you. He got none of the above because my life is too busy, someone make it stop. I did get to watch Andrew while they went to the BYU football game. Nothing in life is better then a sweet little baby falling asleep in your arms. I sure love this little boy.
Friday night I also had a double header for soccer. We played at 9:55 and 11:25. Yes I am too old to play soccer so the double header was a KILLER. Especially because we played a man down the entire game, oh except for those five minutes when one of our players got a bloody nose and we played two players down. That was a lot of running. Luckily we had one sub for the 2nd game, but my legs were dead. I was not moving so great on Saturday. I went to run Moki and ended up doing a short walk, too painful.

 Saturday my siblings went to lunch and played, what did I do all day? Basketball fundraiser. BOO! But I really just had to show up our awesome parents did so much work. They are pretty much amazing. It was a concert in the football stadium. We have a really sweet set-up, it is beautiful!
 Unfortunatley the football team wins about as much as my high school football team did. It can be rough in high school sometimes.

The major downer was that I missed the Relief Society broadcast. I love the broadcast and I was bummed, luckily there is this thing called the internet and so I watched it on Sunday. president Monson is pretty much the greatest thing ever. Love him!

 I bought bacon for the 1st time. I needed it for some potato soup. The soup turned out quite yummy.
 Do you ever feel like food would taste better if you had not spent all the time making it? That is how I felt about the potato soup.

For mutual we made super cute maxi skirts. Well the leaders supervised and helped a little the girls really did it and they turned out really cute. 3 hours to a new skirt, not bad. 
 Monday I got my hair done. My hair takes forever. Like 2-3 hours forever. I tried a new look, swoopy bangs. So far they are great.

 I was educated by one of my players this week on why you should never have straight bangs in the summer. They just get all sweaty and gross. That is disgusting and not cute. Alright mental note taken. I seriously love working with high school athletes they make me laugh....every.single.day.

This summer we coached a lot of basketball. Maybe if you live close to me you have heard me talk about it. This week I got to pick out a pair of basketball shoes for all of the time I put in. These are the most expensive shoes I have ever owned and I kind of am in love with the color. They are the new Lebron's. I am pretty much guaranteed to play like him now I will let you know how that works out for me.
 Last night I had a soccer game at 9:10. HELLO people I need to go to bed before 11 on school nights. That is not ok. My hamstring was been doing so well but it has felt a little off all day. Maybe it is just the change in weather. All of a sudden we decided to skip fall and jump straight into winter. It was 42 degrees when I left the high school soccer game at 6pm. That is ridiculous.

I have been playing with this new photo app on my phone called after focus. My brother Anthony can do all these neat little tricks. I have not done too much but I like how easy it is to turn some things black and white.
 Look at the screen on my front window.
There was an incident. I came home from work and there was a note on my door and I thought that is weird. Well the note was from a random neighbor telling me she was walking by and saw my dog half way out the window. She let me know she closed the window and that she hoped that was alright. Mondays are a little tricky right now. I have basketball at 5:30am and so Moki does not get exercise in the morning. If she is left home to her own devices sometimes she gets bored. I am trying to figure out a better plan. The best plan would be NO MORNING PRACTICE but that isn't in the cards right now.

Well this little post turned out quite long. Oh and I am on day three with no treats. It has been a binge lately so I am trying to remind myself that I do posses some self control. Can't wait to have a week off!

1 comment:

Katie M. Brown said...

AND... we can have all the treats when you get here!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...