Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, March 16, 2014

RaMbLiNgS

Life just doesn't seem to slow down at all these days. This week was filled with work, conferences, exercise, cleaning, and lots of other little things. The weather has been amazing and that has truly been so nice. I was able to get outside everyday this week. Whether it was to hike or bike it is just nice to be in the fresh air for at least an hour everyday.

Thursday I did a lot of exercise. I biked 27 miles and played in a basketball game. I was super sore on Friday. It was nice to feel that sore, it has been a while. It also helped my confidence that I could play an entire game of basketball without a sub. My workouts were lacking this winter but since basketball has ended I have been able to get in some longer workouts. Nice to know they are paying off.

I love this picture of Moki sadly watching me leave on my bike. Poor puppy!

This week my dog trailer came! A trailer that I can attach to my bike and pull Moki on longer rides. I tried it on Friday and I wish I had pictures, actually video would be better. It was a little disastrous. She ended up jumping out and getting her foot run over by the trailer (she jumped out 2x only got run over 1x). She knocked the bike over on me a different time and I cut my leg. It was a learning experience. When we finally got settled she whined the entire time. A very obnoxious high pitch whine so it was a short little 5 mile ride. Not bad for the first time, but not what I would really consider a success either.

On Tuesday we hiked above the Y with Amber. It was a beautiful sunny day when we started. However it had snowed an inch that morning that had melted off. It had been a crazy day, but the sun was out and the roads were dry so we could not be kept away. We followed a trail that heads south up above the Y. There were some great views.
 We turned around when we ran into snow on the trail. It was still quite steep and hiking down a snow covered trail in tennis shoes did not seem fun. As we were descending the weather turned on us and before we knew it we were running in the snow.
We were running because it was cold. Utah spring weather is CRAZY!!! It was still a great hike.

This is my fun fortune for the week. I love it.
I have already started to plan some really exciting adventures for this summer. I can't wait.

I spent the last two days at the University of Utah at the annual PE conference (UAPHERD). It was a good conference except the part that it was on a Saturday. That was LAME! This morning the guest speaker was Coach Wells. The football coach at Utah State. He did an awesome job. He was worth driving all the way to Salt Lake on a Saturday.

I have been doing my cleaning everyday. Just one area. This week I have cleaned the pantry closet, the pantry washer/dryer shelf, the hall closet by my front door, the closet in my TV room, the entire spare bedroom and every surface in my bedroom: dresser, desk, and headboard. I am loving this challenge. I have thrown a lot of stuff away but organized even more stuff. It is great to finally have time to deal with piles that have been ignored pretty much since basketball started. This evening after hiking and running errands I hand a chance to clean pretty much the entire down stairs. I LOVE HAVING A CLEAN HOUSE! I have cleaned most the easy spots so the next three weeks will be fun. Two spots on my list for sure are the bathroom closet (that will need to be a Saturday) and behind the washer and dryer. It has been really good to spend a little time each day cleaning/organizing. It makes the task much more doable.

One last picture of Moki looking innocent.
Don't be fooled!!! Lately she has lived up to what the vet told me on our very first visit when Moki was just 12 weeks and 15 pounds. She said, "You will love having a dog. They are so fun. Most of the time it will be amazing but be prepared that there will be times you will want to kill her." It took a long time before I wanted to kill her but she has had a few of those days now. Mostly she does awesome, but occasionally she has what we can call a melt down. Seriously that advice was golden. This particular day she had chewed up my bike helmet. Not one of her better moments. She was banned to the luvsac without being acknowledged when I got home from work. I ignored her until the mess was clean. She hates that! But I love how cute she looks even though I was ticked.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...