Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Friday, April 18, 2014

A whole month since my last post

I can't believe I haven't posted in a month. I wish I had some super exciting adventure to post, but I don't. I have loved having a break from coaching. I have hiked the Y lots. Done a little biking. Had time for naps. Gotten my cleaning all caught up, well at least for the most part! I will post some pictures and try to remember a few things I did.

Like I said naps are must if I am tired. Poor Moki just wants to go do something when I get home from work.
 I got a dog trailer to pull Moki. She is still adjusting to the idea. We had a little success though and completed a 13.5 mile ride.
 Nancy dragged me to a wedding reception for her cousins daughter. It is always fun to spend the evening with Nancy so I didn't mind. It was at Sundance so it was fun to see a different venue.
 Moki spends so much time watching the world from the luv sac.
 Andrew might like the dog trailer more than Moki. Actually he definitely likes it more. Such a cutie.
I attended the first ever women's conference with some fabulous ladies. It is always more fun with people you know. Nancy provided a delicious dinner beforehand.
 I am kind of in love with the hydrangeas in my TV room.
 I spent a Friday evening with my favorite little guy. His parents were planning on coming to Provo the previous night and then Amanda got sick. My hopes were dashed and so I made arrangements to go play. I love this little guy so much. He melts my heart.
 I am a little obsessed with my biked themed TV room. I love it!! This was my view for conference. So peaceful.
 Sunday morning Nancy and Dan came and we made the traditional conference ableskeviers! They were delicious as always. I loved loved loved conference. I felt the spirit so strongly and was so grateful for council, guidance, and comfort. How awesome is it that there is a prophet that lives and guides???? I love president Monson. I love that twice a year the world can be uplifted and reminded of the things that matter most. Moki didn't get as much out of conference as those of us that stayed awake.
Conference was the start of my spring break. It was so great to have a few days to sleep in. In my old age I love waking up without an alarm. Monday morning I got to go to the temple!
 Then Moki and I hiked the Y, I biked 27.5 miles and then got my haircut. I always take a selfie after because it will never look this good again.
 Tuesday I slept in, hiked the Y, Biked 29 miles, cleaned, and packed. I believe I hung out at Jana's both days as well!

Wednesday Dan, Anthony, and I headed for California for some family time. Moki loves when I am on spring break, or any break for that matter. She is an awesome traveler. Everyone staying at my parents house is actually a HUGE adventure for so many different reasons!
 I finally bought some toys for my house. I sent them to my parents so we could enjoy them over the break. Magformers are my new favorite thing. I am slightly obsessed. Bubba is trying out some of the blocks.
 Everyone except Caleb came home which was awesome. The not awesome part was that I didn't bring my nice camera:(

I try to make sure I keep up my cool aunt status by spending lots of time with the little ones.
 Andrew had a hard time taking naps with so much going on. The trailer was a great chance for some quiet time.
These two little girls are so funny. It is so fun to spend time with them. I actually took them on aunty date that was so fun. We went to riverbend park and played fetch in the water with Moki, they jumped off the dock, we went to McDonalds, and then we got ice cream. Seriously love getting to kidnap them and spend time with just them.
 Sam wore Caleb's basketball gear. While he was wearing it he felt like he needed to do some Caleb impersonations. We missed Caleb but are so thankful he is serving a mission.
 Why is it so hard to exercise on vacation????? Finally one morning I just got up and decided to go run to Feather Falls. It was great to be out. Moki and I jogged everything except the steeper uphills.
 I have to draw the line somewhere and running uphill is way over the line. It was a great way to spend the morning. I wish I would have brought mosquito repellent.
 Saturday my Mom hosted the Brown Family for a barbeque. So Fun to get to see almost everyone. It was a great day. We had nice food, good company, and lots of games. I am grateful so many people made sacrifices to come. After lunch we got out the kiddie pool. These kids had a blast! The boys did too but they were in the nude so I am not putting their pictures up.
 Me and this little crazy at church. I finally took him out and he sprinted all over the place. At one point he may have run all the way through the back of the chapel. I think the only dirty look I got came from his dad. He is a quick one!
Mikila had texted me that she would love a chance to get away for a little trip. I knew it would be hard because all of my family was in town. Sunday seemed like the best day so after Sacrament meeting we headed down to San Jose and visited Sariah. It was so fun to all be together and to just catch up.
On the way back to Oroville we randomly decided to stop in Walnut Creek and surprise Erica Hancock. I don't have a picture but that was really fun as well. I miss not living by Erica. She always made me dinner and I love chatting with her. We lost track of time and stayed until midnight. Um that was CRAZY! Somehow we got safely back to Oroville. I pulled into my parents at 3am. I haven't done anything like that in a long time but it was definitely a highlight of the trip.

Monday the family decided to go to Chico and barbeque and play. The boys had a great park in mind and it was a really nice afternoon. I think we barbequed three times this trip. A little too much for me but I was just happy we were not eating out a ton.
 Moki must go where I go.
 My dad was too tired for family time. It is rough being old.
The boys hit softballs, we flew kites and played at the playground. The weather was also amazing while we were there. 80 degrees almost everyday! Three almost two year olds is insane. I love them to death though. You can see they were playing hard. Andrews eyes are killer.
 After an exhausting Oroville trip Moki slept almost the entire way back to Utah. She didn't have any down time during the day. If she laid down there was always a child nearby to pull on her.
 Coming back and going to work the next day is crazy. This week was rough and I only worked three days. I had good intentions of hiking or running everyday. This is what happened instead.....
After school naps!!!! Luckily I had a soccer game or basketball game every night, poor Moki has been neglected on the exercise front. 

Well that took a really long time but the last month has been summed up!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...