Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter

 Easter was really nice. I loved the churches campaign (would you call it that) #becauseofhim. I loved that it helped me remember to think about the Savior everyday leading up to Easter.  It was so fun to see so many people join in and post what things are possible in their life #becauseofhim. I know that all things good in my life are a blessing from Him. It is scary to think about a life without faith in my opportunity for second chances and without faith that I will see all my family again after we die. It is also scary to think about how things we have in this life could be taken away so easily, blessings included. It is a stark reminder for me of what really matters and why gratitude is so important. My life isn't perfect but I never tire of thanking the Lord for my family, my friends, a job, a home, an automobile, good health...just to name a few things.

Moki made a great subject for an Easter post. I made her a bandana for every Holiday earlier this year and so there will probably be some picture of her every holiday. Not that there aren't already way too many pictures of Moki in this world. I was excited that the sun was coming through the window and that my bedroom walls are yellow! It made a great Easter backdrop. How nice are phones. You can snap a picture and edit all on that little device. Love it.
She looks so serious. From the back she could pass as a lamb with her short curly hair. I enjoyed the pictures.
Friday night I attended a wedding reception in my sweaty soccer clothes. Despite that I do a lot of things in athletic clothes I was not entirely comfortable with it. It was very awkward. It was one of my former students and co-workers daughters. Not to mention the family that watched Moki all of basketball season free of charge. So I got over myself and bit the bullet and went.
As silly and uncomfortable as I felt I am really glad I stopped in. I didn't stay long but it was fun to congratulate them and see the finished project because I knew the work that had gone on behind the scenes. Moral of the story, I would never choose to dress so casually to a reception but there are more painful things in life.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...