Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Holy Heat Wave

It really is rough when you go from 70 degree weather to 90 degree weather over night. Man it is hot. I enjoy the heat, especially compared to rain, but I need a pool or lake close by when it is this hot.

Last week it started to warm up a little bit. Mostly it was just nice and I was able to do lots of fun things outside. I pulled Moki up the canyon twice. She ran part of the way and we stopped to let her swim. It is really hard to pull 80 pounds behind my bike. I mountain biked one day and she got to run. This was a much better option.
 The down side was we went a little early and she gets so hot with that fur of hers. I loved that she could just run and I didn't have to worry about her. It would have been perfect if she could have swam somewhere.

Moki and I went up north after work last Thursday and attempted to hike Mt. Olympus with Sam and Andrew. We ran out of daylight and so we didn't summit but it was fun to try something new.
 Jana let me borrow her kid packer and it was awesome. Andrew did great and it was a fun evening. I will have to try to get to the summit at some point this summer.
 Amber and I have been wanting to practice touring before our trip this summer. Memorial day weekend seemed like a great opportunity. We wanted to see how fast we could go, what gear we are missing, and how many miles seem reasonable in a day. We biked from Provo to Layton, 88miles. All in one day.
We decided that was too many miles. It was fun. But we were wiped out and there was no way we were biking that far the next day. We camped in her brothers backyard. It was a good weekend adventure. Thanks to Ben and Jana who watched my dog. The downside of having a dog is you have to beg people to watch her.
 Memorial day was mostly spent biking but I made it home in time for Dan's Barbeque. I had to bust out Moki's festive bandana for the occasion.
 Today I went to Lagoon with our 9th graders. It was really really hot, but super fun. For some reason there were not a lot of schools there and so we never waited more than 10 minutes for any ride. We rode all day non stop. It was great. On the way out I remembered to grab a picture. The ironic thing is that we didn't waste our time on the Ferris wheel, but I like the shot.
Here's to hoping it cools down just a little bit for the rest of the week because I really have no time or place to swim.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...