Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Provo attracts people

One of the nice things about living in Provo is that there are lots of reasons for people to come here. It's nice to get a chance to catch up with old friends and you feel especially lucky when you can do it without traveling. This week women's conference was happening at BYU and I got the chance to meet up with friends that really came to town for that, in my head I can pretend they also really really wanted to see me too. It meant some late nights but it was lots of fun.
 We ate at The Slab one evening. I got to see Emily, Erica, and Jeneca. So fun! I am horrible at using my phone to stay in touch with people so it was great to get some real face time with friends.

Jana, Erica, and I drinking our dirty diet cokes in front if swig. It's funny how I live in Provo and ate in all new places over the weekend. Not much has changed over the years, or at least it feels that way when we are all together.
This morning Erica, Emily, and I hiked the Y. Moki was with us as well. Always love to get a Y hike in. It really does have a great view of the valley.
Thanks for having women's conference BYU. Thanks for coming to town Erica and Emily. If anyone wants to come next year my house is available.

In other news I finally made it to Costco on a day when they had the gourmet potatoes in stock. I love them. They are delicious and quite beautiful to look at.I am pretty sure I have never eaten anything that deep purple color before.
Andrew was over last Sunday for dinner. He loved trying to wear my rain boots.
 I sold my scooter. I just didn't ride it as much as I wanted too. Mainly because of Moki. She goes with me so much. It just didn't make sense to keep it. I was sad but excited as well because I had something else in mind. More on that another day.
 Moki and I hiked the Y the night of graduation when it was all lit up. I forgot how nice it is to hike at night. There aren't really any people and the city lights are so bright you don't even need a flashlight.
 I like eating salad but I get in ruts and kind of just do the same thing everyday. When I do that salad becomes very boring for me. I went to Paradise Cafe for lunch one day and tried their crumbly blue cheese salad. It was delicious and so easy to imitate. Some cranberries, sunflower seeds, blue cheese, and lettuce. They used a Cesar dressing. So yummy. It's a new favorite.
We had stake conference a couple weeks ago and ut was so good. The Saturday evening session was on hastening the work. The talks really brought in the spirit and it was a good reminder to me of the ways I can participate in missionary work even though I live in Provo.

I can't believe it is already May. Four weeks of school left. I am so excited for summer. The year has actually been great but I am looking forward to more sleep and more time in the saddle.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...