Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Friday, September 5, 2014

It's Friday

I am back to living the life when the weekend really means something. To me it means one day to sleep in, try to recover, and not eat too much CRAP! Oh and do laundry, clean, try to go to the temple and lots of other things. The beginning of the year is just so exhausting. I am pretty sure I say that every year in August/September. Wednesday it was over 90 degrees, I didn't have a prep, I had to bike home. Yeah it was a long day. But hey now it's the weekend.

Moki is doing some serious dog training. In the beginning it was super stressful, now she is handling it like a champ. We are halfway through and she is doing great.
 In fact yesterday morning after our jog and her breakfast she walked right into her crate and laid down. She is learning the rules and not rebelling. She never whines in the night anymore either. These pictures of her are her last night of freedom before the training started.
 I have been so afraid of signing up for things. I have this fear of commitment all of a sudden. Pathetic and weird. The thought of having a time commitment every Saturday for six weeks seemed horrible but it has been good. There are a couple of classes I want to take so hopefully this will help me get over my reservations.

I think I have biked 9 of the 13 school days so far. Not bad. It is so hard to get on my bike in the mornings. I always feel great when I do it but man I am not a morning person, understatement of the year. I seriously am a grouch when I wake up to an alarm. I hate it. I wake at 5:45 run 3-4 miles with Moki and then bike to work. That is exhausting and so I am happy I have biked so much. And by the time I get to school I am over my grouchiness when I have been awake that long.
 I am now trying to ween myself off daily naps. I think I made it one day last week and two days this week without a nap. Once it cools down it will be a little less exhausting.
  Moki seems to not mind my nap time. Here is a picture of her practicing staying in a place with distractions. She is not perfect but she has improved so much.
I am in love with my nieces and nephews, in case you didn't know. This guy is so fun to be around. I am an addict. It is like I can't get enough of him. He brightens my day every time I see him. He is so smart and so fun!
Then I got to skype with Olivia last night. Man I love this girl. Braxton was in bed so I missed him. She is getting so much better at skyping. She sang me songs, told me about school, and just made me smile with her excitement. Seriously love her and her brother too.
On Tuesday when I was jogging there was a little incident. One minute I was jogging and the next minute I was flat on my face. Not an exaggeration. It was crazy. I seriously still am not sure how it happened. I didn't feel myself trip or anything. Moki was behind me, it was dark, and the sidewalk had a two inch lip right where my feet were but still I am not sure what caused the fall. Initially my stomach hurt the most because my shirt came up enough to scrape my belly. I was running with a friend and she offered to walk. I refused. I needed to run so I didn't cry from embarrassment and frustration. In the end my knees are both scraped up and really bruised. My stomach had some scrapes and my pubic bone is super sore. That must have been the place of initial contact because it hurts. Although it is feeling better today and my knees are feeling worse. Finally last night and tonight I caved and took some ibuprofen. So here are my knees. This first picture was during the school day on Tuesday. My knees were a little swollen and a little scraped up.
 This next picture is today, three days later. They look much worse.
Hopefully they start to feel better tommorrow.

While I have enjoyed blogging I should be preparing my lesson. I am having such a hard time deciding on a topic to teach. I love teaching, especially in Relief Society, but picking my own topic is so hard. So yeah tomorrow is going to be a long day if I can't get this figured out.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...