Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Party until the end

I was working really hard to make the best of my summer. I wanted to get the most out of it. Tuesday I had an opportunity to take my nephew Andrew to the zoo. I was really excited to take him because he knows all the animals and all the animal sounds. We practiced all of them on the way to the zoo. We had a good time but I think he was looking for his mom the entire time. He was not as care free as he normally is and I had to work hard to get him to smile. Monkeys!
 Andrew loves drums. He was instantly drawn to the children using the instruments. He was being really shy so I didn't know if he would take a turn.
 He finally did but he was very serious the entire time.
He loved the elephant show.
 Giraffes. So many pictures of Andrews head!
 Finally got a smile out of him with a selfie.
The Seals tank was getting cleaned. Andrew enjoyed waving at the scuba diver.
  He loved this ball that spins and has water on it.
I loved spending a couple of hours with this cutie. After we went to Wendy's and had lunch. So glad Amanda and Sam parted with him for a little while.
 I am still dog sitting Titan. Moki has seriously been in doggie heaven. Two dogs on my bed is way too many if you were wondering.
Before heading back to work I got my eyes checked. I have never had that done outside of free exams at work and school. My vision is fine, which I was expecting, but I wanted to have a doctor in place that I know and like. I went to one of my former athletes and students dad. He was awesome. It was really interesting all the different tests he ran. Then my eyes were dilated for a really long time.
 I had to go back to work on Thursday. Not only did we work all day but we also had back to school night. Crazy. I was worn out by the end. Meetings are hard for me but I love meeting all my students at back to school night. My gym looks amazing right now.

I kind of consider it my gym....even though it obviously is not. I can't believe I am starting my tenth year of teaching. Holy cow where does time go?

Today I hiked Silver Lake. This is one of my favorite hikes. It is 4.4 miles. Not too strenuous and has amazing views. The dogs were in heaven. This is the view looking down from the lake.
This is the view looking at the lake.
 Rachelle, a fellow teacher, joined me on the excursion. The dogs loved swimming.
 I didn't know if Titan had ever swam but he proved to be a champion!
 The dogs were worn out after and were snuggling on the way home. Moki will be so said when Titan goes home.

 Fun way to spend a Saturday.
I also signed Moki up for basic dog training classes through a trainer. I have been wanting to do it for a while but just have not wanted a Saturday commitment. Today I went to the first class. It was an owners only class. Moki is going to have a rough go for a while. There are tons of rules for the dogs even while at home. She is going to HATE them!! Let's be honest it is going to be rough on me too. I am excited to get better behavior out of her though. In the end I know she will be happier this way.


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...