Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Spring Break

I went to California for Spring Break. I am sooooooo exhausted today. I have got to be ready for the real world tomorrow. Why is that always so hard? I had a great break. Way too much time in the car but other than that it was nice. The temperature in Northern California was in the 80's, I got in a few good bike rides, days were filled playing with my nieces and nephews, picnics outside on the blanket, and I got to see my dad at the hospital everyday. It was a great trip.

Nancy and I drove straight to Sacramento to see this guy at the hospital.
The weather was nice and so his nurse let us take him out on a walk. It was great to get him outside. We stayed for a couple of hours and then headed to Ben and Katie's.

Sam and Amanda and family were also in town so it was CRAZINESS!!! We set up both my hammocks and the kids played outside really late. Then they went to bed and I rocked Emerson to sleep in one. That was quite heavenly.
It was conference weekend. So Jacklyn and Aaron came to Lodi as well. We made our traditional conference breakfast and just watched conference in the morning. In between sessions we took the kids to the park and then headed back to catch the second session.

My dad has gone a long time without being able to eat. I think his digestive system started to shut down from all the trauma and it has taken some time to wake up again. Finally he is enjoying food again. He really wanted pizza. So Sunday after conference we headed to the hospital and had a pizza picnic with him at Sutter's Fort. It was a beautiful day and it was much easier to be outside with all the kids we had.
A photographer saw us eating and visiting and asked if she could take our picture. We quickly assembled and then she emailed it to someone. That was so nice and it was fun to capture us all. It was a good Sunday, although I did not get as much out of conference as I usually do with all those kids.

We spent the rest of the week playing and visiting my dad in the hospital. The weather was great so it was really just so nice to be outside and enjoy the warm sun.
 Andrew and Emerson both took turns being sick.
 Braxton is the craziest most energetic three year old I know but he was so sweet and rocked Emerson to sleep in the hammock.
 Katelyn was a highlight of the trip for sure.
 Entertaining kids at lunch.
 Riding bikes.


 Olivia and I rode four miles one day and rode 6 miles another day. She is getting good on the bike. It was so fun to have some time with just her. She loves biking and we just chatted and I loved it!
 I love biking in Oroville. Open roads for days.
I definitely miss that in Utah.

Wednesday we met my grandma Brown, aunt Janice, and aunt Virginia at the hospital. We had another picnic. It was 88 degrees this day. It was hot but lots of fun.
 Friday my dad finally got moved out of ICU!!!!! It was so great. He is in a regular room. He really is doing so much better. He still needs to work on his stamina and strength but this time I could really see progress which was so good. Man I love this guy. I hope he can come home soon.
Spring break was great. 7 weeks of school left......that it crazy!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...