Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Routine Life

Being back in school means back to all the normal routines and stuff. I like routines, but man it is so exhausting adjusting back to the life where I can't just take an afternoon nap whenever I am tired. Pathetic I know. I have done a decent job of waking up early. I have biked almost everyday to and from school! I haven't missed an early morning weight lifting workout yet!

I got this fun map for my guest room. You can scratch off the countries you have visited. It makes me realize I really haven't been that many places.
 Seventh grade day, the first day of school, was also eclipse day. Teachers and students were outside togther watching the eclipse. Our biology teacher looked so cool with his beard I had to get a picture.
 I was playing total eclipse of the heart and looking at the eclipse. The boomerang video that Hannah took was hilarious. We were not in totality but it was really cool to see.
 I wanted to do something different this year on the first day of school. Every teacher always just does disclosure documents and the students are so bored. all. day. long. I decided to teach a fun mixer dance that our former ballroom teacher used to teach. it was really simple, obviously because I don't dance, but so fun. The girls had a great time and so did I. I need to learn a few more really simple dances.
We celebrated Anthony's birthday. I got him the best present ever, a scale:)
On August 18th when I got out of teacher meetings I learned that Angelee Acebo Petersons' dad Angelo Acebo had passed away. I was so sad and shocked. Having just recently dealt with a similar loss my heart hurt so much for Angelee and her siblings. Angelee and I have been friends since the third grade, I moved into her class that year. We were the only mormons in third grade at our elementary school and thus began a lifelong friendship. I spent lots of time at her house growing up and I was really sad to hear about the loss of her dad. I knew I wanted to try to go home for the funeral but I also knew with school just starting it would be tricky. Lucky for me the funeral fell on September 1, also labor day weekend. This made it an option for me to drive home for the funeral. I am grateful it worked out. The funeral was really nice and it was a great celebration of Angelo's life. It was so great to be able to give Angelee a big hug in person. I did not anticipate how emotionally hard the funeral would be. I felt good all morning, but as soon as I walked into the church, the same place we held my dads funeral, it was almost too much. All weekend I have had to confront a lot of emotions that I thought I was done with. I had to remind myself that it has only been 8 and 1/2 months since I did this for my dad. The emotions are still there. Even though it was hard I am so glad I went. I am also so sorry that Angelee is now dealing with the grief and sorrow of losing a parent.

After the funeral my mom went and picked up Olivia and Braxton and we hung out all weekend. It was soooooooo hot in Oroville. 110 degrees all weekend. And there are multiple fires burning near by so it was super smoky. Conditions were not the best but seeing family and friends made for a fun weekend despite the real reason I went.

My trip got off to an annoying start. I got up early and hiked the Y with Moki. When I got home I noticed her fur was laying weird in one spot on her back. I decided to investigate and pulled off a scab with loads of pus. So gross. I quickly shaved her back to get a better look. Cleaned the wound and texted a vet friend. Blah! We ended up stopping at the vet on the way out of town. My vet was in surgery and no one else was at the office so I made an executive decision to just go to California and worry about it later if it appears to get infected. Luckily it has healed up pretty nicely.
 Moki thinks she is a human. She is ridiculous!
 Kevin and Liz were out of toen most of the time I was in Oroville but they were generous enough to let us swim. I swam one day with Olivia, Braxton, and Moki.
 Olivia and I did this puzzle that you put together and then color. It was pretty fun. We didn't quite get it finished so she will have to finish it later.
 Dropping these cute kids off at home. I love spending time with them. They are so fun to be around. Man they are getting so big!
 Today was back to the grind. It is always a little rough going back to work after a short but exhausting vacation. It will probably take me all week to recover.






No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...