Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Dingboche to Namche Bazaar

It is truly incredible how much better your body feels when you start going down. I think because the uphill is so gradual I didn't notice how hard it was to breathe and walk. We descended so much faster and so the difference was very noticeable. Going down felt so good. The first day of downhill was all downhill. My calves were sore from Dingboche to Namche because of all the downhill the day before. Luckily we had lots of uphill and downhill this hiking day. We were cruising. We hiked really fast and didn't need any breaks even after the long and steep uphills. Our bodies were responding great to the lower elevation. I hiked most the day with just a long sleeve shirt which was really nice as well. We hiked almost 14 miles this day. We went from 14,468ft to 11,154ft. Although there was a lot more change in elevation because of the terrain. We hiked for seven hours. That is including stopping for lunch and snacks and pictures.

The day was beautiful. We left Dingboche and followed the Khumba river most of the day.
 Lots of Stupa's along the way.
We stopped in Tengboche for lunch.
I did have to put on my coat when we stopped. It is so cold if you aren't moving. Lunch would be the last of our really great Everest views
One more group shot in Tengboche in front of the Monastery.
Lots of farmlans at the base of Ama Dablam.


 Following this beautiful river makes the hike so enjoyable.
We got to Namche Bazaar pretty early. We went out into the village in hopes of finding a cafe or bakery that was warm. No such luck. That place is seriously so cold and with the no fire rule it is a little rough. We were happy to get the same room we had before. We really liked our room. We were also back to having a bathroom in suite which is amazing. At this point in the trip I was ready to be done. We had been hiking for 10 straight days with no rest. My body was ready for a break. The last two days had been lots of miles. I was also soooooooo ready to wash my hair and take a bath. My fingernails were so disgusting. I honestly didn't think they would ever come clean again. I slept great and was ready for the last day of hiking!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...