Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, January 27, 2019

The End of a Journey

We had a short walk to the Lulka airport at 6:30am. Saying good bye to these mountains did make me a little sad. . . . . but the shower was calling my name.
Luckily the weather was great and we had no issues catching our return flight. The first thing Cyndee and I did post hike was take showers. I took the longest hotest shower I could. I shaved everything that needs shaving. Leg hair and armpit hair were way longer than they have ever been in my life. I washed my hair twice to get it clean and used conditioner. It felt amazing.. To my surprise as soon  I get out of the shower I noticed my fingernails were clean. I think scrubbing my hair so many times got them clean. It seemed like a miracle.
We spent the rest of the day trying to find an apple store for Cyndee and finding food. We went out around Kathmandu with Vincent and Louis that evening. It was a pretty good day but I was ready to go home. That night I slept amazing. I slept 12 hours and think I could have slept longer. My body was so tired.

We had an easy morning and then caught a taxi to the Buddhanhath Temple. We explored and killed some time here.





It was pretty we were just so tired and ready to be home. After the temple we shooed around our hotel and found a really good pizza place for dinner. The next day we had to kill half a day before our flight. We stayed close to the hotel. We were eager to get home. The flight home was sooooo long but we made it. I have never been so happy to see Moki and my house and America.

The trip to Nepal was amazing and I loved it. It was everything I hoped it would be and such a cool adventure. I am so glad I made it happen. My life is so different than I ever thought it would be and I am trying to embrace that. Having little adventures occasionally helps me to do that. If you have any urge to go to Everest Base Camp you should just do it you will not be disappointed. If you can go in the spring or October go then. But if you can't go then go in December and just dress warm!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...