Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Fall Break

 For fall break Nancy and I headed to Visalia to visit Aaron, Jacklyn and Tyla. I was so ready for a school break as cross country had just wrapped up. That drive though . . . . booooooooo!!! I hate that drive. It takes forever. This trip we had Summit ride in the crate. That was magic. She is terrible in the car and so the trip was so much nicer in her crate. She does amazing in the crate. My mom also came down to Visalia to hang out as well. Nancy and I left as soon as I finished teaching on a short day. I thought we would stop and get a hotel but luckily I had the stamina to push through. It makes me super tired and sore the following day but it was worth it. Thursday we just hung out. My mom arrived that day. Aaron, Jacklyn, Tyla and I did a nice little bike ride. We did some riding in the orchards so the dogs could run. It was a really hot day.

Friday we went to the beach. First we stopped at a cute little pumpkin patch/farm that was right by the beach and then headed to Avilla beach. 

The pumpkin patch was so cute and so fun. Tyla was the star of the show. She loved feeding the animals, doing the corn maze and just exploring. It was such a fun little stop and I am glad I made it happen.





We enjoyed the most perfect beach day. great temperatures. The water was warm enough to get in. Good company. Watching Tyla explore and have fun. We finished the trip off with ice cream.











I was exhausted by the time we made it back to Visalia. It was a long day but oh so fun. I always say I don't want to do more driving once I get to California and then I always do more driving. It was worth it though! I love the ocean. It touches my soul.

Saturday Aaron and I went on a six mile walk. There is a hill in the town close by that is a popular training hill. People go there just to walk up and down the hill. I really miss Aaron and Jacklyn living in Susanville because I just loved all the hikes we got to explore there. Visalia is great just not as outdoorsy. We enjoyed the exercise but didn't feel like the travel and time was worth it.

After I made a target run so I could buy some fun things for Tyla. I got her a bike I have been eyeing and some cute clothes I new she would like. We actually played some games, which was fun. Aaron and Jacklyn are great hosts. We made yummy food every night for dinner and just chilled and enjoyed one another's company.

Sunday we hit up Sacrament meeting and then spent the day relaxing. We hang out and napped. We snuck in an evening walk. It was a really nice down day.







Overall it was a great trip. Nancy and I took off early Monday morning so we could get home at a decent time. I was so grateful Nancy was willing to come with me. We listened to podcasts and books on audible. I love her company in the car. It felt so good to get home.


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...