Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, December 7, 2008

O Christmas Tree


My Christmas trees is so cute I love it very much. This year I decorated my house the day after Thanksgiving and it was so much fun to have my own house and be able to decorate the way I choose. I am very particular about my tree. Mikila learned this the hard way when she requested to hang a BYU ornament on my Christmas tree. Um, I am sorry did I say I was picky, I like BYU but that will not match my decor. I like the ornaments on my tree which were given to me by my Aunt Nancy they are all white and gold and I think the tree looks really classy.

I also was able to pick up some cute little crafty things to decorate my house with. I like the little sayings and I love this time of year when I can reflect on the Savior and the true meaning of Christmas. I really loved the Christmas devotional tonight it helped put me in the Christmas spirit. It reminded me of the true meaning of Christmas and the wonderful opportunities we can have to serve others at this time of year.

I am so blessed in my life. All of my needs are met and I feel the Saviors love in my life on a regular basis. Honestly the best Christmas present for me this year will be spending time with my family. I really don't want anything for Christmas becasue I feel like I have been given so much. Oh, and yesterday I finally found the picture of the Savior I have been wanting at an affordable price and I love the spirit that it brings into my home everytime I look at it and imagine the story of the women at the well.

I am so grateful for the Savior and his atoning sacrifice. I am thankful for the gift that has already been given and this time of year we have to reflect more regularly on that gift. I am thankful for the gospel in my life. For living prohets that lead and guide us. I am grateful for friends and family. I am so blessed!!!!



3 comments:

Big Mama said...

The tree is beautiful LaNell! You did a great job! Thanks for sharing your testimony. It really helped me out. You rock!

Parley and Katie Call said...

How wonderful! I'm glad you had fun putting up your tree, I love it. I am doing one of our rooms in gold/cream too. Very classy. I can't wait to see your house...but I'm afraid that will have to wait til next year. When are you coming home???

Mikila said...

I just want you to know that your tree is blacklisted for life! :)

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...