Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I DID IT, I REALLY DID IT!!!!

If you follow my blog at all you know that I have been taking a statistics class that was way over my head. It was very difficult and occupied all of my time last semester.

This posts has two purposes. One is to talk about following my Bishops counsel. At the start of the semester I bought a house and moved into a new ward. My first Sunday the Bishop talked about making covenants with the Lord. I have heard a lot about making covenants at baptism and in the temple but he suggested we could make covenants with things we really need help with in our lives. I pondered and prayed over the idea for about three weeks. Covenants are serious and I wanted to make sure mine was appropriate. Finally I made the covenant that I would go to the temple every week, even after basketball started, if I could receive help with my stats class. I went to the temple each week and it not only blessed me with my statistics but in all areas of my life.

The second purpose of this post is to share with you all what I saw posted on my grades this morning. I am very excited and can assure that this grade was accomplished with the help of a great professor, lots of hard work and tears (I know probably should not admit that but there were tears involved), and most importantly the help of the Lord. Now all I have left is my thesis, no more classes. YEA!! Oh and here is what I saw, I am still a little afraid to believe it.

Fall Semester 2008
EDLF 641 001 Quant Reasoning 2 3.00 A-




12 comments:

Angelee said...

I am so proud of you. See, you could have had your mom standing over your shoulder looking at the grades. Good job.

Katie M. Brown said...

yeah!!! congrats! you earned it. hey i would like copies of those pictures....can you email me..? katiecava@hotmail.com

Nancy Webb said...

WOW, That is fantastic, I am very impressed with the way you handle hard situations. A great lesson for me. We really can get the help we need, when we need it if we are doing all that we can. I love you!!

Parley and Katie Call said...

That is WONDERFUL!! I'm so proud of you. WHat a special covenant you made, I know the Lord was looking out for you b/c of your faithfulness.

I'm still sad you're not here. :(

Than and Erica said...

congratulations!!! I can't believe it! Actually I can because you worked your stinkin butt off!!!! Yeah for hard work!

Melissa said...

Good Job Bob!

Cameron and Katie said...

What a great thing! Of course you did it, you are a smartie pants.

Liz and Kevin said...

You are amazing. I am not surprised to hear that you did so well! You really are smarter then you give yourself credit for. It is awesome how the covenants you made helped you so much!

katie said...

That a girl! Way to go!

Kathryn Lowry said...

Lanell, you are awesome!

Kathryn Lowry said...

Lanell, you are awesome!

Kathryn Lowry said...

And I am lame with the computer. Sorry about the double posting.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...