Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bryce Canyon National Park

One of my goals this summer was to make it to as many National Parks in Utah as I could (there are 5). Sam has Tuesdays and Wednesdays off of work so we thought it would be fun to plan a little over night camping trip. Sam, Amanda, and I left Monday after Sam got off work and headed to Bryce Canyon.

After last weeks camping trip in the backwoods I decided to car camp in style and I bought one of these.


I slept like a champion. Sam and Amanda made fun of my huge bed but it was so comfy. I was planning on eating like I eat when I backpack but Amanda brought some good food. So we had smores on Monday night and banana chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast Tuesday morning. I will admit that they tasted much better than the granola bar I brought to eat.

We hiked the peek-a-boo trail as well as the rim trail. We slept in so we did not start hiking until 11ish. After those two hikes (7.6 miles) in the 100 degree weather we were beat and decided to head home.

The landscape was beautiful and I am glad we took the time to go. It was really fun. Now my mom is in town for graduation later on this week. YAHOO!!!

1 comment:

Nancy Webb said...

I'm first to comment...what's with that? Looks like a fun trip and glad your mom is in town cause we had so much fun last night "sisters/(daughtersnieces)" best company in the world:)

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...