Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back To School

So this week was back to work. SAD!! It actually has not been that bad, except that I am exhausted when I get home in the evening. But have no fear I am a master nap taker. (This is no joke it is one of my hidden talents.) So I get home around 4 take a nap for an hour or two (at least 90 minutes so I go through the REM sleep cycle at least once so I can have all the benefits of sleeping) and then I still have many hours to play before I go to bed at 10 or 11.

Soon enough I will be feeling much like this poem:
I’m Staying Home from School Today


by Kenn Nesbitt


I’m staying home from school today.
I’d rather be in bed,
pretending that I have a pain
that’s pounding in my head.

I’ll say I have a stomachache.
I’ll claim I’ve got the flu.
I’ll shiver like I’m cold
and hold my breath until I’m blue.

I’ll fake a cough. I’ll fake a sneeze.
I’ll say my throat is sore.
If necessary, I can throw
a tantrum on the floor.

I’m sure I’ll get away with it.
Of that, there’s little doubt.
But even so, I really hope
my students don’t find out.

Text © Kenn Nesbitt, reprinted from Revenge of the Lunch Ladies


Unfortunately I have a conscience or I would skip school once in a while and do something like this.

4 comments:

Parley and Katie Call said...

You ARE a master nap taker. I like that quality in you. :) I love naps too. I hope this week goes as well as possible! At least labor day is around the corner?!

Angelee said...

do you have to have a master's degree to become a master napper? right now i have neither, but a nap sounds so good.

Nancy Webb said...

Welcome back to 9 months of WORK! with a pay raise that you very much earned and desearve. Hope I see you soon.

Misty said...

I would love to play basketball with you guys two nights a week. I just might have to move to Utah to do so.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...