Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Neck Issues

Apparently I have sprained or strained my neck. At least that was what the doctor said. It was very interesting going to the doctor and when they ask why are you here . . . um well this sounds silly but I can't move my neck. Then when they ask you what happened you don't really know. You feel kind of stupid. All I know is that I had been playing basketball for over an hour and all of a sudden my neck locked up and I couldn't move it. No injury involved. WEIRD!

So that happened Monday night and I spent all week trying to not move my head too much. It still is very stiff. I have some range of motion back but not without pain. The two most painful things are 1) getting out of bed. That is a killer and I have not figured out how to do it pain free and 2) putting my hair in a pony tail. Both things are essential so I squirm as I complete the tasks each day.

The doctor said to give it 1-2 weeks but I wonder if we really got the injury right. Hopefully he did. I wish I knew how a muscle, versus nerve, versus tendon and ligaments injuries would feel different so I could better understand what was really going on. All I know is that there is pain.

According to the Doc I can still be active so yesterday for Katie's birthday Cyndee, Katie and I hiked the G in Pleasant Grove. It was a nice little hike. Short and steep. It felt good to be up and out of the house and hiking didn't hurt as long as I didn't turn my head sideways to look at the view. We made it to the top and I must say that the construction of the G itself it very ghetto. It is made out of metal and wires. Interesting . . but you can't tell from the road so I guess it is all good.

5 comments:

Parley and Katie Call said...

I wish I could help you interpret your neck pain...I am an expert. :) Is it just stiff? Do you have shooting pains at all? I really hope it gets better. I would wait a while until it calms down, but you should look into seeing a chiro and/or massage. I'm not saying every week like I do, :) but it could really help your pain, I promise. I know how bad it can interfere with little daily things, so I hope it goes away fast.

Kriss said...

So sorry about your neck pain! I've been having neck/shoulder issues myself and its the worst! By the way, the "B" in Copperton is even more ghetto. Its just a bunch of rocks stacked together and painted white. Its a far cry from the nice "Y"!

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear that! Did the Dr. say anything about being able to get massages? I'd definately look into that. But then again, I'm always looking for an excuse for a good massage! :)

Tonya said...

Thank you for admitting to blog stalking, because now I feel I can admit it too. I found your blog (somewhere) and have been enjoying reading about your adventures. I especially enjoy the stories about your students and the things they say...very entertaining. Take Care!

Sary said...

UM..DUDE...CHIROPRACTOR!!! I found a good one in Springville...or maybe a little further south...a Dr Anderson. But seriously, a chiropractor will get you better in no time!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...