Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

happenings

I know there are so many people concerned about me when I don't update my blog so here is what I have been up to:
  • attending all ward activities, long story not for the blog, but I have committed to doing so. No more excuses as I tell my basketball players. Obviously getting to church was never an issue but since grad school I have not gotten back in the habit of going to everything else. Well the past three weeks I have gone. Even if I am EXHAUSTED, which is everyday, I still go.
  • Track . . . I only ask myself why am I coaching about three times a day. Just kidding. It is time consuming and stressful at times but I do enjoy the interaction with the kids. It keeps me feeling young:)
  • Basketball. I open my gym a couple times a week and play on a team so I am still playing plenty of ball. I love to get exercise that way as opposed to running. It does help me get through the extra long Utah winter.
  • Friday night soccer. I just love to play sports. I wish it was not Friday nights but it is usually really fun and I get to see Jana so that is a bonus as well.
  • I made a scripture journal as suggested here or here. It is so cute. I am pretty sure my scripture study will be AMAZING now. I wanted to post a picture but I don't have my camera cord with me here at work. Sometime maybe I will but just know it is very cute.
  • Being the best PE teacher ever. Just kidding. But I really do love my job and I really do spend a lot of energy trying to be a good teacher.
What I am looking forward to:
  • This week being over. We had teacher meetings until 4:30 Monday. Track meet until 7 yesterday. Parent teacher conferences until 7 today and Thursday. I am not cut out for 12 hour days. I am seriously tempted to take Friday off of work but I probably won't.
  • Spring break in two weeks. Can't believe it is almost here and I can't wait to go somewhere warm. I think Vegas and San Diego are on the hit list for this year.
  • Warm weather. We have had a couple nice days but I am ready for lots of nice days:)
  • Taking my kayaks out. I didn't really get them out last year after the car denting incident, but now that my car is paid off I figure what the heck we will give it another go.
  • SUMMER- is it ok to say that already. The school year has gone so fast. Can you believe there are only 9 weeks to go?
  • General Conference. I seriously love general conference. I am pretty sure I love the messages the most but the food at Aunt Nancy's is a really close second.
  • Riding my pink bike with the awesome zebra striped handle bar tape I recently had put on it. It is very cool.

3 comments:

Than and Erica said...

I made my scripture journal too but it's not cute on the outside yet, probably never will be and I only made two mistakes....one with my page numbering and then that screwed up my table of contents. oh well. such is life. And we were playing outside today and Pacen said, "It's too hot!" Ha! Come live in Cali!

Michelle said...

Umm...You forgot to mention someone in your friday night activities...I know you're happy to see Jana, but I guess I'm not blog worthy huh? ;) hahaha

Parley and Katie Call said...

Are you going to bring down your kayaks, BH-style? (beverly hillbilly)

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...