Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, March 14, 2011

While I Have Been Living It Up . . . .

I didn't really have time to blog. Ok, I have been busy but I have not really been living it up, but wouldn't it be awesome if I had been. Although I have done some blog worthy things the past couple of weeks.

Basketball is officially over. The banquet is done! And I have jumped into track with both feet. Oh boy, what have I gotten myself into. I don't even know. My bball banquet turned out really nice and it was fun to talk about each of my players because they were all so great.

One of the things the school did for our team was purchased championship t-shirts because they were 14-0 in league. A group of them asked if they could come watch one of my basketball games and I told them only if we made it to the championship. Well we made it and we won. I made their day because I airballed a shot and missed a lay-up. HILARIOUS! That made their night. Here we all are sporting our champion gear.

Jana was on the team this year which was way fun. It was great for me because after work I would just come chill at her house and she would cook me dinner and then we would go play ball. That was SWEET! Thanks Jana and Ben. You can still have me over for dinner once a week if you want:)

On Friday I took the day off work and headed to Vegas to cheer on the Cougars. We tried to scalp tickets for Friday night but no such luck. The tickets were going for $125-400. As much as I wanted to cheer on BYU I could not afford that price. We ended up going to Red Robin and chilling there for the entire game. Which was also really fun and much more affordable. BYU played awesome that night and got into the championship which was really important because we had tickets for that.

We got there early, here we all are ready for the game. I loved the seats at the Thomas and Mack Center. Every seat has a back and every seat is padded. That was good planning.

The place was packed. No empty seats. It was crazy. It was also fun, but unfortunately the fun ended soon after the game started because BYU had a rough go that night. Let's just say us cougas fans did not have much to cheer about.

Vegas was awesome it was 80 degrees. I bought a swimsuit down there because I was like I am hot I want to swim. It felt so great to be in the sun and just enjoy some nice weather.

An added bonus was that I did not have to work today. I was able to sleep in, go to the temple, run errands, clean my house, work out, and . . . . .

pay my car off! That is right no more payments for me. Seriously the lady at the bank was very unenthusiastic about me paying off my car. Obviously she did not realize how much money I have put into that thing. It was not as exciting as I anticipated but I am seriously pumped. I hate having a car payment. Hopefully this car will continue to be awesome and I won't have a payment for a long long time.

3 comments:

Nancy Webb said...

WOW! I'm impressed no car payment. I can't wait until mine is paid off. At least I can drive it now:)

Parley and Katie Call said...

Yay for no car payment!

If you want to make another trip to Vegas, I won't stop you. :) I have a pile of clothes to give you too, nice ones actually! Is that a good bribe?

Oklahoma Running Mom said...

I wish you could come have dinner with us once a week. :)

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...