Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pushing to the End!


I feel like I am just barely hanging on until the end of school. This semester I have a couple of rough classes and they are taking their toll. I find that I have very little patience with my students in these classes. I don't know why but all of a sudden these lovely little girls think it is ok to just refuse to do things. I don't fight with them and I definitely don't beg I just remove them and move on but there are like 15 of them that are going to have a very hard time passing my class. It is weird because most kids are so great and guess what in life we all have to do things we don't like. It is not like I expect them to love the mile, but guess what you have to run it.













I cut my hair. It was so long and it just felt unhealthy. I cut 1-2 inches off of it every time I color it but the longer my hair gets the more straggly it becomes. It looks great to a certain point and then it is just gross. So I chopped 5 inches. My hair had not been this long for 7 years. I have really enjoyed long hair and my hair is still long just not super super long.



I mastered the out braid. I love doing braids on my hair. I laugh that it is totally acceptable and cute to wear a pony tail if you have done some kind of braid in the front. If only I had known that in junior high and high school. My pony tails would have ROCKED!

I have been working at the Provo Temple. I love it! When I was set apart the temple president mentioned that it would  not seem like a sacrifice and that I would look forward to my time there each week. So true! I do look forward to it and no matter what else is going on that week or how crazy it seems everything stands still for those five hours. It is so great. He also promised blessings to me and my family and I have seen this already as well. The only problem is now I need to figure out a time to go to the temple outside of working there. That has not happened yet.

3 comments:

Than and Erica said...

lanell you are just an awesome girl. I did love your really long hair. I love that you are working at the temple. I just love you!

Nancy Webb said...

LaNell I want to grow up to be just like you!!

The Robins Nest said...

I wish I could do my hair like that. I feel like I spend forever trying to make my hair look good/different and I end up just doing a borning pony tail. Maybe you can teach me next time I'm in Utah. :) Good luck pushing through the last few weeks.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...