Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Friday, June 22, 2012

a little bit of this and a little bit of that

 I finally bought a bed frame!!!! Yes, it is very exciting. I really like it. It is just an IKEA frame but it has drawers under it. 4 huge drawers that fit half of the clothes that were in my closet in them. So nice. Amanda an Dan were nice enough to help me set it up. Sam watched the basketball game on my computer and answered all of our cell phones...whatever. I was not going to put it up until after I painted and after girls camp but I am really glad I did. There is a headboard with it as well but that did not get set-up yet. Don't mind how tall it is you really aren't supposed to have a box spring with it but I don't know what to do with mine. Anyone need a queen size box spring?
I realize that I re-arrange my bedroom every summer. I guess I like a little change. In the past my bed has moved back and forth between two spots but this year I tried something completely different. So far I like it so we will see.

In other news today was quite possibly the worst biking day ever. This week has not been great. I have had a record number of flat tires. So annoying! I rarely get flats, knock on wood, in the past two weeks I have had seven. That is more flats than I have had on my bike since I have owned it. I got new tires in the middle of the flats and 30 minutes after the new tires were on I ran over a nail. A big long one.

So the flat stunk but whatever. I was biking to Jana's to visit because I was feeling lonely with all my friends being at work and all. Right as I am turning onto her street I see some water running on the road. I slow down as I make my turn. Next thing I know I am sliding on the ground. I wiped out. It hurt a little, but I was ticked. Really really ticked. I have not been that mad in a long time. I had to sit in Jana's yard and stretch so I could calm down. It was not fun. My poor ankle is looking like a softball because it took the brunt of the fall. I also have some road rash on my shin, knee, hip, and elbow. It will be a lovely next couple of days. I am too old for scraped body parts.
I realize my ankle does not look that swollen here but I have extremely bony ankles. It is swollen!!!! And my biking sandal tan line is awesome.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the thing that i can't get over is that you have butterflies on your comforter. that would be my worst nightmare to be trapped under a bunch of butterflies. i hate butterflies!!

Nancy Webb said...

I'm sorry about the wipe out. today I am buying my very first biking shorts. Yup I have been on my bike yesterday and today for an hour and I believe padded pants are in order:)I am going to get in good enough shape to ride with you one day.

shauna said...

Ben and I have our bed on risers and I love how tall it is. I feel like we have a really huge bed because it is so tall. Keep the box spring.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...