Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Friday, June 22, 2012

Grandpa Brown

 My Grandpa Brown passed away this afternoon after a long battle with alzheimer's. It has been absolutely heartbreaking to watch the disease take over his mind the past few years. But I will always remember him as a people person. He loved to joke around and loved to give hugs. This is one of my favorite pictures of him. I believe my cousin Cody took it.
My grandma has been amazing through the entire disease. She is stalwart and faithful. She has sacrificed everything to be at his side and show her love to him even when he could not give her anything back. She is an excellent example of marriage and the commitment that you make to your spouse.
 My dad is a lot like his dad in so many ways, but also very different in a lot of ways as well. I love this picture of them watching my brothers and cousins play horse shoes at my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. Notice the shoes they both love their Velcro shoes:-)
 My dad learned his knack for fixing things from his dad. I love love this picture of my dad, his dad, and Caleb. Unfortunately I don't think they ever were able to fix this car. But I am sure they bonded in the process.
It is times like this that I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the knowledge that families can be together forever. I am so thankful that Jesus Christ made it possible that we can all live again. That because of  the atonement we can be with our families forever!!! I am grateful that he had some people he loved by his side when he passed and I know that there were many spirits waiting to welcome him home.

3 comments:

Than and Erica said...

Sorry Lan. He looked like a really cool guy. A lot like your dad. I love grandpas. They just have so much knowledge and lived in a different time.

The Robins Nest said...

I'm really sorry Lanell. Thanks for sharing a little about him. Grandpas are the best!

Parley and Katie Call said...

Sorry about your grandpa! I remember him from back in the college days, the trips to your aunt's. I love that first picture of him.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...