Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Since my last post . . . . . .

 It has been a long time and not much has happened. The week after I hiked Timp was great for me. Mainly because I biked to work everyday and finally felt better adjusted to my being on my feet and talking all day. It amazes me every year how long it takes me to get used to teaching all day. But the third week in was the charm. I stole this picture from Jaime on Facebook just because I liked it.
September 9th we celebrated Caleb's birthday. We had a great Sunday dinner and yummy asphalt pie for dessert. We showered him with love and gifts, what a lucky guy. 

Then last week happened, right when everything was going so well. I woke up Monday and ran on my treadmill and biked to work, good right?? After biking home I noticed my throat hurt and I was super tired. WHAT??? I was so over the being tired after work. My sore throat developed through out the evening and by Tuesday I felt awful. Well Tuesday I had a test review and Wednesday and Thursday we took the test so there was no way I was missing school. It was a very long week. I was sick. Really sick. I drove to work the rest of the week. Came home and slept/ layed in the luv sac all night. Oh well except Tuesday and Thursday because it was the first week of after school basketball so I was at school until 5 on those days. Went to bed early and felt really bad for myself. Watched multiple chick flicks on Netflix. My diet consisted of really cold water and lots of ice cream. I thought I would exercise yesterday but I still wasn't feeling it and I didn't do my Sunday walk today. I do feel better but my body is still tired. Tomorrow I have got to jump back in. Hopefully I will have more energy and just feel better. 

I still worked at the temple last night. Love that place and I love love love working there. Best thing to do on Saturday for me!

Today was our regional conference. It was so good. The things that stuck out to me were:
  1. Remembering who we are and the covenants we have made, always. This will help get us through any challenge we face. Elder Richard J Maynes
  2. Lessons taught in the home are those that last the longest. Spiritual focus in the house is what makes a house a home. Are there things in our home we need to forsake? Rosemary Wixom
  3. Temples are all about families but one of the greatest miracles that can happen in the temple is how we change personally. Sister Sydney S. Reynold
  4. Ask ourselves every day no matter are current situation, "What more can I do that is right." Sister Kristen Oaks
  5. Commit to put the Lord first in your life. This will put you on the path towards eternal life and then life's events don't matter (such as marriage, children, or any other righteous desire that has not been manifested in our lives). Elder Dallin H. Oaks
The entire meeting was really good. Definitely inspired and I really just enjoyed feeling the spirit. I decided to go with Dan and Caleb because they were assigned an earlier session and I was glad I did. Elder Oaks shared a hilarious analogy about being single in the church and it was so funny to be in the room with multiple single wards. It really was a great analogy and right on the mark for how it often feels in the church to be single when families are the focus. I actually had to laugh because last night at the temple a sister that works on my shift asked me if my husband was working tonight as well. Well then I have to explain that I am not married and her response was, "Well I can't see any reason why you are not married." Yup, awesome. But it made Elder Oaks analogy even more appropriate for my life.

2 comments:

Katie M. Brown said...

it is so sad when people don't get it. there is another new teacher here with us, she is at the elem. school and she is single. after we introduced ourselves, she did and a woman in the ward asked where the rest of her family was...!! WHAT!!?? all i could think was did she really just ask that??

Unknown said...

sorry you were sick, hope you have a better week. Love you.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...