Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, September 3, 2012

Holidays!!!

 Who doesn't love a day off of work or school? Holidays are magical . . . well until you start thinking about the fact that you have to actually work the next day.
I was SUPER pumped that the flag was flying in my yard. I didn't remember to pay the scouts until yesterday through a donation envelope and so I was hoping, but also I realized that it may not happen. I was pleasantly surprised.

I was supposed to hike Timp on Saturday but due to the chance of thunderstorms and because it could still be done on Monday we held off. So glad we did today was the perfect weather. I love being on the top of that mountain.
 I invited Jamie to hike with me. I was contemplating doing it myself but then I remembered that Jamie was back in town and so I called her. She was game and it was super fun to catch up on her life the past 4 years. I think it has been that long since I last saw her.
 We went a little slower then normal, not because of Jamie, but I actually don't feel too bad. Normally I am pretty stiff when I am done and today I feel great. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Look at how close the mountain goats were. We saw more on the hike today then I ever have. They were also really close and had their babies with them. This is as close as I would get, I mean that thing has some big horns on the top of its head.
 In other news Caleb had surgery this week. The doctor recommended that I take two days off of work. One for the surgery and one for the first day of recovery. I was glad to be able to help but in the end a little frustrated because he was fine the second day.
Waking up from the anesthesia seemed brutal, but seriously other than that Caleb did great. Day two he was ready to party, mind you he was still on pain killers. We did half doses of pain killers for two days. I think he took the pain pills three nights but then he was completely done. He has a gnarly scar but he is feeling pretty good. Oddly enough his opposite shoulder has bothered him more this week than his arm, not so good.
Saturday Katie, Caleb and I headed to Swiss Days and Park City. I should have taken some pictures. Swiss days was fun but way too crowded. We went in the morning, apparently the wrong time to go. Jamie told me that her and her friends went in the evening and it wasn't too bad. Next year I will go in the evening I think I will like it better.

On Thursday, the day after surgery, Erica Hancock was in town. Erica, Jana, Michelle, and I all hung out at Jana's. Wish I had a picture, although it would just be of us eating Cafe Rio and visiting, but it is always fun to catch up with good friends.

Friday night after soccer, which we won, Katie, Caleb and I went to this movie:
I loved it. I thought it was really cute. It was clean and funny and just a good wholesome movie.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...