Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Time is flying

 It seems like I have things going on everyday. Why is life so busy? I am only one and so I realize for those with families it is super crazy but man time flies.

So once in a great while I have the desire to actually prepare a meal. I actually enjoy cooking but after being on my feet all day and then to cook for one, it just doesn't seem worth it. I made some delicious southwestern salsa this week. I ate it with chips and quesadillas. Super simple meal, I know, but tasted so good and had tons of veggies in it!
 The great thing about cooking is the leftovers. I ate salsa the rest of the week and all weekend. That was awesome.

While at the store shopping for groceries I ran into one of my students. Her parents run a sushi shop in the store. Sushi is not my favorite but they would not let me turn them down. They were just so generous and really wanted me to have some free sushi. So nice. So Asian, and I mean that in a good way. There is no way I was leaving without some sushi. It was really good! The California rolls are always safe, they aren't even real Sushi.
The family was so just so nice and they made me feel appreciated which is always a bonus after a long day of work.

Today was the Brigham City Temple dedication. It was really nice. 1 and 1/2 hours of church was super nice. I got to use my mission handkerchief. President and Sister Larkin gave all the missionaries handkerchiefs for Christmas one year. I just love mine but really don't have very many opportunities to use it so this was perfect.

 Today was a long hang out day. Sam and Amanda came down which is always fun. We visited and ate and rested. Our cousin Andy's wife biked by with their daughter Kristine. Kristine loves Dan. Dan, Caleb, and Kristine were racing and I just wanted to get a picture. They weren't thrilled about that.
I still felt a little under the weather all week. I hate that. Just tired enough that I have zero motivation to do things. There was also some crazy smoke in the air from Idaho fires and we were on red alert for three days as far as exercising outside. This week I hope to get back on my bike. I biked Saturday and it wiped me out. But I feel ok today. I also started playing basketball one day a week and coaching after school two days a week. Busy, but good. This week I hope to be back to my normal routine.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...