Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall is here . . . . well kind of

 My house feels wonderful most evenings and nights because it is actually cooling down. The days have been a little cooler but it still was quite warm today. It threw me for a loop when we went outside after lunch. I thought, dang I am so done with the hot weather. I do hate how dark it is in the morning. I second guess rather I should bike to work every. single. day. Who wants to bike in the dark and the cold? Not me but I am trying to bike anyways. Last week was less successful but here's to a new week.
Last weekend I had a chance to check out Scheels. It just opened in Sandy. It is huge. It's like walking into a mall. It was CROWDED, because it was opening day, but fun to look around. Overpriced in my opinion but there were lots of items that could potentially tempt me.

Cute little jars of candy for the sisters I visit teach. Seriously why do I wait until the end of the month? I drive myself crazy. Our relief society was split last month so I have all new sisters and a new companion I am excited to meet some new people!
 On Saturday I wanted to bike the Alpine Loop but Friday I had soccer late and I didn't wake up until 9:30. And I was soooo lethargic. I didn't want to do a darn thing, especially not bike 50 miles. So I biked a flat 27.3 miles and told myself I would bike the loop  Monday after work. So I biked to work this morning 6.5 miles and then after work biked up to Aspen Grove, round trip about 38 miles. I was so tired. Biking straight uphill after work was also not a great decision.

But it was beautiful and that was my motivation.
 It is crazy how steep it is from the highway to Sundance. It kills the legs. I average around 5 miles an hour for those two miles. Lots of time to ponder life and let's be honest when you bike that slow you can take some pictures too.
I usually go to the top but I just didn't have it in me today. I might try to sneak up there one more time before it snows, we will see.

Then I played basketball tonight. Extra bad idea. We have a really competitive group playing on Mondays. The majority played college ball. It is really fast paced. I normally love playing, but tonight I was dying. During my third game in a row and 4th overall I had to sub. I never sub in basketball but I was worn out. I ended the night entering grades while basketball was played without me. I probably overdid it today and will regret it tomorrow.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...