Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco de Mayo

 I am in no way trying to keep up with the Hancock's or Petersen's and blog everyday in May but I have been feeling neglectful. And I love that they are doing that because I love reading about their lives. I like to blog I just feel like everyday is the same. Well this week there were some different things so here we go.....


This dog of mine is so stink'n' cute. The vet told me I would love her at times and want to kill her at times. Definitely a true statement. I love it when she is so tuckered out that she sleeps in the car. Doesn't happen very often, but when it does it is great. One funny thing about Moki is no matter how tired and asleep she is as soon as I put the car into park she jumps up. She does not want to be left in the car!She has a crate that just stays in the car because she could not handle being out of the crate.

So the groomers did a horrible job on her face. I had to fix it. I actually like cutting her face it is just hard to do by myself. It was world war three, and I am not exaggerating. I was sweating, and mad, and jerking on her collar. There may have been some rolling around on the floor involved. It was a big battle. I was happy with the end result, well except for her ears I kind of butchered those. There was hair everywhere! It was a disaster and Moki always seems a little mad after I chop her hair off. But her face now matches her body. Her tail is still a little nasty but I didn't have the energy to do that as well.
I needed a wreath for my door. A nice summer one and I thought hey I can make one. I found one on pinterest and copied it. It took like 10 minutes to make and I really like it. I will say I think I could have bought a wreath for less, but what do you do. Some people think it looks more like a fall wreath and I wanted a summer one. Might just have to make another.
Now to Cinco de Mayo! Dan prepared an AWESOME meal. Chicken tacos and watermelon. YUM, YUM, and YUM!
 If you are friends with Caleb on Facebook you may have seen a recent post about a job fair at Vivant. There were a lot of grammatical errors. Let's be honest everyone makes them but I am not sure that there is anything worse than some annoying person reading your own mistakes out loud. Sam did that for all of us before we ate. Pretty funny. Caleb was a good sport. I think he may have deleted the said post.
Look at this beautiful flower I bought
It has lasted 3 weeks and still looks amazing. Every time I see it I think of Katie Call which makes me smile. It just brightens up my very boring dinning room.

And since Andrew came to town not post is complete without showing him off:






He is such a handsome little guy and at a super fun age. He interacts, he laughs. It is so fun to watch him learn and discover new things. He was a sweetheart all evening which was really nice.

Best news of all, I have a plane ticket to Hawaii.
I told myself I would go when I finished my masters and I have not. Finally I am going. A couple days on O'ahu and a few more days on Kauai. I seriously can't wait. If you have been and have ideas for the outdoor enthusiast please tell me all about them. If I do nothing else this summer at least I will go to Hawaii! Well and girls camp.

4 comments:

Than and Erica said...

#1: I'm jealous of your skinny legs.
#2: That baby is cute.
#3: Who are you going to Hawaii with??
#4: How dare you go to Hawaii and not go to Maui! That just means you have to go there with me someday because maui is the best.

Than and Erica said...

Oh, and #5: I agree about crafts costing too much. Most of the time I just wish I would have bought the one already made but every once in awhile I surprise myself.

Parley and Katie Call said...

I'm sooooo excited you are going to Hawaii!!!!!!! To second Erica, With Whom are you going???? And you should go to Maui. Oh well, you will just have to go again. I can say from experience all the islands are beautiful! :) Kauai is your kind of island. We will have to talk soon so I can give you some pointers. You will love it. It's pretty hard to hate Hawaii, even the crazy places like Waikiki.

PS- love the hydrangea
PPS- your dog grooming adventures make me laugh

Katie M. Brown said...

you definitely have to hit the laie temple and the PCC. I haven't been to Kauai. I have hear it is pretty though. have fun. there is nothing like it and you will come back wanting to listen to island music all day. I do have the PCC soundtrack if you want it. great reminder.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...