Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day and More

 I forgot I had pictures of Caleb opening his mission call on my camera. I love the pictures I have of this special time in my life and so I wanted to make sure I took a second to document it for Caleb.

  Such an exciting time . . . .
And you are always a little nervous . . . . .
It is two years of your life . . . . .
  Caleb had his Utah farewell on Sunday. He did a great job. I was glad he did one in Utah so that I would have a chance to hear him speak. His time in Utah is quickly coming to an end!

I took this cute picture the night Caleb opened his mission call.
On Thursday I had my prep period and while I was entering grades I listened to Sister Monson's funeral. The services were amazing. I really enjoyed listening to the talks and the music. One comment her daughter made has really stuck with me. Ann Dibb shared, "Once when I was having a hard time she calmly counseled that there would be weeks, months, and even longer times in my life when I might not be as happy as I would like to be. That was an important lesson. I remember her loving counsel because she did not sugar coat the truth." I feel like this comment describes me at times, but especially this winter, and it was comforting to know that others feel the same and it is ok. I want to always be happy but I would be lying if I sat here and pretended that I always was happy. I have a great life but there is sadness and regrets and self doubt . . . just to name a few!

 This weekend has been wonderful. I feel like all weekends should be three days long. It is just great. Friday I went to Lagoon with the 9th graders. I love going because I won't pay to go so this way I get to do all the rides and have some fun for free! After I got back I had soccer. I got lucky and scored the winning goal. Off of a header! It was pretty sweet I don't think I have done that before.

The Hancocks are in town so I headed to Jana's to hang out after soccer. I stayed up and visited like I was in high school. WAY TOO LATE. I was worthless on Saturday but I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Saturday I layed around and finished my book. By the afternoon I decided I really should be productive. I took Moki on a hike. Squaw Peak. I forgot what a beast that hike is.
 But you have a beautiful view of Utah county. It is 6 miles round trip with a 3000ft elevation gain. Moki didn't seem to mind she just bounced up and then down the mountain.
 On Sundays we have been walking on the shoreline trail. She loves it. I love that she can be off the leash (until she finds human poop and puts her nose in it!!!!!)She also likes popsicles as a reward.

 Sunday after Caleb's talk we had dinner at my house. I only have pictures of Andrew. Man this kid is cute!
 First taste of guacamole
 So independent
 Those killer blue eyes
Today was really nice. I slept in. Biked 45 miles with Amber. Did some mission shopping with Caleb. Hung out with Sam, Amanda, and Andrew. Hit up Aunt Loralie's barbeque.

Funniest thing ever was when Nancy said she wanted to try a little frog eye salad.....
 She came back with a huge pile. In her defense it was delicious and we have all gotten more food than we meant to at times. But for some reason it was hilarious! And she was super embarrassed, probably because I got my camera out.
I had to promise not to put the picture on Facebook. I love Nancy. She is such a good sport and she LOVES Moki.

Well it is 9:40 and I am exhausted. I need my beauty sleep to make it through the last three days of school.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...