Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Caleb's A Missionary

 Caleb was set apart last night as a missionary for the church. It was an amazing experience.
 We were super excited that President Stutznegger was asked to set him apart. Our family loves him and he really brought the spirit into the meeting.
I have only been to my own setting apart and Caleb's and they are very special meetings. I remember when we were driving to my setting apart my brothers were complaining that they were going to have to tell me why I would be a good missionary. They had all been through that with Dan and it wasn't their favorite.

I am guessing they didn't love it because it is an emotional thing. I will say I treasured the things they told me and still remember some of the things said to me but I will always remember the feelings I felt as my siblings told me why they thought I would be a good missionary.

Last night we had the opportunity to do that with Caleb and it was a really special meeting. This might come as a surprise but we are not great at sharing our feelings in the Brown family and opportunities like this don't happen very often. The spirit was so sweet as we each took an opportunity to offer advice, share experiences, and bear testimonies. We are all excited to have another missionary in the family. It is so fun to watch the growth of the individual as well as recognize the blessings the Lord bestows on those left at home. I am excited for all of the experiences Caleb will have!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...