Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hawaii

Hawaii was awesome!!! I loved it. There were a lot of firsts for me.
1. Parasailing
2. Riding in a helicopter
3. Spending saved money on a vacation....foreign to us poor folk
4. Surfing
5. Running so many days in a row, not my favorite exercise
6. Wearing my swimsuit all day, like all day. And wearing it everywhere and trying to be ok with it
7. Staying on a resort
8. Full on swimming in the ocean
9. Drinking a coconut. (Is that how you would phrase it)
10. Swimming with turtles, I fell in love with them
11. Using my iphone5 as an under water camera, scary!
12. Hiking the Na Pali coast, it has been on my bucket list ever since I read an articles in Backpacker Magazine about it. It was as amazing as they said! I want to backpack the entire thing one day.

I am sure there were others I will think of as soon as I post this.

Here are the pictures I played with in pixlromatic from my phone. If we are friends on Facebook or Instagram you have probably seen some of these. Sorry:) I just want them on my blog because then they will be in my blog book. Heaven knows they will most likely never get printed unless they are in my blog book.

Cyndee and I rode 10 miles on the bike trail in Coconut Beach on Kauai. I love biking next to the ocean. It's magical. Beach cruiser seats are less than magical.


 We saw lots of water falls. The first is Wailua Falls
 This one is Jurassic Falls. Helicopter is really the only way to get to this one.
 I felt pretty cool in the helicopter. I was hesitant to go but in the end really enjoyed it.
From the helicopter the NaPali coast. Looking amazing me and confirming my desire to hike it.
 Another one
 Oh another one. It was so beautiful
 You can tell I am in a helicopter.
 The Marriot Resort in Lihue on Kauai.Swimming pool, 5 hot tubs, and a beach, no complaints.
 After our Kayaking adventure.
 Our bike ride
 More kayaks
 Sunset at Secret Beach. There were lave pots here and I got to cliff jump.
Looking away from the temple on Oahu. Beautiful!

 Surf boards. Surfing was one of my favorite activities. That surprised me. I was not going to do but am really glad I did. Cy
ndee was the one with that dream.
 The spouting horn
 A cool fish

 Na Pali coast
 We ate lots of Shave Ice
 Hanakapi'ai Falls

 More of the Na Pali coast

 Hanakapi'ai Falls
 A cool road





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved all your pictures. It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...