Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Not sure how to best do this?????

Trying to decide how to show pictures from my trip is tricky. Not sure the order I should go in. Maybe islands, or days, or activities, I have no idea.

I will start with Oahu, go by days until I get tired.

We started out trip off by missing our flight to Hawaii because our flight out of Salt Lake was delayed. BUMMER!!! Luckily the family in front of us at the desk was super rude about it and so the airline people were really nice and gave us what we wanted. We slept a little at a hotel, flew to Oakland, and then to Oahu. Getting there 8 hours before the rude people. We were pretty excited to finally be in Hawaii.
We stayed in a cute little condo in turtle bay. So once we got settled in we swam. That is all we really had time to do the first day.

The next day was Sunday. I refer to this as day 1. We found a mid morning church time. Before church we walked around on the temple grounds and enjoyed their beauty.
 One of the reasons I posted a collage everyday was so I could remember what we did each day. It is turning out to be quite helpful.
 After church we headed out to explore. We stopped at a beach to swim.
 Then we drove to the Makapu'u Head scenic spot and took some pictures.

 Then we hiked to the lighthouse that is nameless on my map. It was a steep paved trail. A mile and a half long. A good little hike.
 We wanted to try one more hike on the way back to our condo but it was dark and so we didn't make it all the way to the waterfall.

We were so busy each day I had no problem sleeping. I got up early to run everyday and then played hard. It got dark pretty early so I crashed everynight. It was nice to get so much sleep.

Monday was also busy. We started by heading to the Dole Pineapple Plantation.

 That was a fun activity. I had no idea there were so many different types of pineapple. I also did not know that after you cut the fruit up you should wash the acid off. Oh and how to plant a pineapple, very informative.

Since we were in the area I really wanted to try snorkeling two spots I heard about. Turtles beach and sharks cove. Turtles beach was a guarantee for turtles and I can report that there were lots and they were awesome to watch. Not so many fish and not clear water.

Sharks cove is a preserve and it was probably the best snorkeling we did. Tons of fish, clear water, turtles, and caves. It was lots of fun but very crowded. I got two turtle pictures I like.

Like I said I kind of fell in love with them.

We ended our day at the Polynesian Cultural Center. We got there a little late so sometime I may have to try it out again because we didn't make it to all the villages.

We finished the night watching Chasing Mavericks. It seemed appropriate since we were surrounded by ocean.

Day 3
I really wanted to hike Diamon Head because it gives you a beautiful view of the city. It is also a must do in the book Oahu revealed. Those books were awesome. Diamond head was great too. I ended up soloing the hike and going as fast as I could. I was booking it. My motivation was that we were leaving Oahu in a few hours and I still needed to Para-sail. No para-sailing on Kauai. So I took very few pictures at the top of diamond head. It was a great view though. And I enjoyed the exercise. Did I mention I ate way too much? Vacation is rough like that.
Para sailing has been on my list of things to try for awhile so I was pumped. Cyndee and Katie were nice enough to join me. They had both gone previously. Katie and I were tandem. We did the whole 1200 foot rope. It was really cool. I was very focused on getting the gopro to work. I wish I had tried it out before. The video was awesome and I would have used it a lot more had I known.
After our ride.
We got off the boat and booked it to the airport. We were still went and still in our swimsuits. We ended up having to check are bags. It seemed like no big deal until our flight got delayed by like 5 hours. Horrible!!!! We finally made it to Kauai. I have never been so happy to get out of a still damp swimsuit.


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...