Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, September 11, 2016

July: Part 2

Sometime during the month of June I set a goal to try and get my dad to Oroville by his birthday. His birthday is July 10th. After driving to Sacramento everyday I felt like this really needed to happen. The goal didn't quite happen. Here is my dad on his birthday still in Sacramento.
After my siblings left my moms two sisters came to Oroville to visit. They stayed for 10 days and I think it was great for my mom to have them close by.
 They also played lots of games. And they played lots of games with my dad as well.
 Meanwhile I took a couple of days off from visiting my dad and spent hours on the phone trying to arrange for a transfer. THIS IS NOT AN EASY PROCESS!!!!! Lots of tears were involved. I felt frustrated, overwhelmed, and then just the confusion of not knowing the process. It was a time of learning for me. It also felt like a full time job while I was focusing on it. In the end He ended up getting moved on July 17th to Oroville. I headed to Oroville Post Acute after church and look who was there.
This was such a relief and ended up being a huge blessing for my mom. It was so nice to have him 10 minutes from home. We could get more done during the day and we could visit him in shifts so we didn't wear him out as quickly. It was a huge blessing to get him moved! I was sooooooo happy.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...